LDR 531 Week 4 Quiz (19/19 Right)
Your answers : 19/19 (100%)
1) Emotions such as relaxation, serenity, and calmness comprise the ________ mood dimension.
low positive affect
low negative affect
2) ________ refers to evaluative statements or judgments concerning objects, people, or events.
3) Why is Maslow’s theory criticized?
Its terminology tends to alienate those to whom it is applied.
Its terminology tends to alienate those to whom it is applied.
The concept of self-actualization was unfounded.
There is little evidence that needs are structured or operate in the way it describes.
4) Which of the following does cognitive dissonance indicate between two or more attitudes or between behavior and attitudes?
5) The church you go to every Sunday is made up of people who have very different lifestyles and are at different stages in their life. Joanna is a 23-year-old, single parent who works for minimum wage and shifts from motel to motel for accommodation. Josephine is a single, 45-year-old woman who earns a decent salary and has few interests and friends outside her office. Jonathan is 60 years old, extremely wealthy, has a loving family, and enjoys his work. You have decided to apply Maslow’s hierarchy of needs to determine what motivates each of these individuals.
Which of the following needs would most likely motivate Joanna?
6) Self-determination theory proposes that in addition to being driven by a need for autonomy, people seek ways to achieve
competence and positive connections
recognition and status
power and control
7) Charles, Anna, Elle, and Adam are college friends and work in New York City. Comfortable living in New York occurs at about $40,000 a year. Charles makes $24,000 a year, Anna makes $30,000 a year, Elle makes $50,000 a year, and Adam makes $75,000 a year. Which of the following is most likely to be true with reference to correlation between pay and job satisfaction?
Elle and Adam are most likely to have a similar level of job satisfaction.
Charles is more satisfied with his job in comparison with Anna.
Anna is more satisfied with the job than Adam.
Charles and Anna have the same levels of job satisfaction in relation to their pay.
8) Tiffany Crowe works as a showroom executive at a clothing boutique in London. Today, she is in a positive mood and instantly greets and smiles at a customer who walks into the store. The customer feels welcomed by her response. While browsing the store, Crowe helps the customer with products and passes on her positive mood to the customer. The customer leaves the store feeling content with a smile on her face. Which of the following best describes this situation?
9) ________ are caused by a specific event, are very brief, and accompanied by distinct facial expressions.
10) Which of the following statements represents the cognitive component of attitude?
I intend to work during the weekend to meet the month’s deadline.
This job is not giving me an opportunity to explore my skills.
I have decided to inform my supervisor that I will be quitting my job.
It is disappointing to know that I did not get a good evaluation.
11) If Alberta is a categorized as a Theory X manager, which of the following behaviors is she most likely to exhibit?
She will strictly control all the details of any project she is managing.
She will delegate authority extensively to junior managers.
She will let her employees choose their own goals.
She will trust her employees to use their discretion in most matters.
12) Which of the following statements is true regarding negotiation?
Displaying a negative emotion at a negotiation can never be effective.
Angry negotiators who have less power than opponents have better outcomes.
Individuals who do poorly in a negotiation develop positive perceptions of their counterpart.
Feeling bad about your performance during a negotiation tends to impair future negotiations.
13) Employees with positive core self-evaluations believe in their inner worth and basic competence, and are more satisfied with their jobs than those with negative core self-evaluations. The concept of positive core self-evaluations indicates that
job conditions have a direct influence on job satisfaction
personality plays a role in job satisfaction
promotions and growth opportunities influence job satisfaction
pay always has a direct correlation with job satisfaction
14) Which of the following is an example of deviant workplace behavior?
Sabotaging one’s organization’s computers
Taking blame for not achieving a deadline
Disagreeing with others in a problem-solving meeting
Requesting a two-day leave during Christmas
15) MBO provides individual employees with
clear-cut growth paths
personal performance objectives
16) Gerard Yoder believes that every time he picks up his daughter, Penny, from school, it brings him good luck. The last time he picked her up from school, he won a lottery ticket. Today, after he received her from school, he reached his office and found out that he has been promoted. Which of the following concepts best describes Yoder’s belief?
17) Which of the following statements is true regarding goal-setting theory?
People do better when they get feedback on how well they are progressing toward their goals.
Externally generated feedback is more powerful than self-generated feedback.
Goal commitment is more likely when individuals have an external locus of control.
Assigned goals generate greater goal commitment in low rather than high power-distance cultures.
18) Which of the following statements is true regarding the effects of moods and emotions on decision making?
Moods and emotions have no direct influence on decision making.
People with positive emotions are slower at processing information as compared to depressed people.
Depressed people tend to weigh all possible options rather than the most likely ones.
Positive emotions tend to diminish problem-solving skills and analytical skills.
19) Susan Daniels works for an event management company and is discontent with her job because she was passed over for a promotion. She has now composed a list of concerns and plans to discuss the issue with her supervisor. Daniels’ response to the problem is referred to as
- This solution has not purchased yet.
- Submitted On 18 Nov, 2014 12:11:18