Week 6 Quiz (All Answers are correct)
1) A bottleneck in a manufacturing process may be targeted and eliminated by employing which of the following?
- Increase the capacity of a nonbottleneck resource.
- Install more efficient equipment where capacity is less than the demand.
- Increase labor equally throughout the system.
- Increase the idle time of a capacity-constrained resource in the system.
2) The Shingo approach to quality control depends on which of the following?
- Extensive use of control charts
- Use of source inspection on 100% of the items produced
- Use of statistically based approaches to quality control
- Use of a sophisticated method of acceptance sampling
3) According to the theory of constraints which of the following can be a CCR?
· An employee
- Product design
- Factory layout
· A customer
4) According to the theory of constraints, which of the following is an OPERATIONAL measurement that can be used to measure the firm's ability to make money?
- Unit cost
- Operating revenue
· Net Profit
5) Which of the following is a focusing step of Dr. Eli Goldratt's theory of constraints?
- Isolate constraints to reduce the constraint’s capacity.
- Do not modify a process after improvement of a constraint is achieved.
- Identify system constraints that prevent the system from achieving its goal.
· Align the whole system to support processes prior to the constraint.
6) Identifying critical-to-quality characteristics (CTQs) takes place in which step of the DMAIC methodology?
7) According to the theory of constraints, which of the following would be included in the Throughput operational measurement?
- Goods sold
- Raw materials
- Work in process
- Finished goods
8) The Shingo system of quality control relies heavily on fail-safe procedures or devices called what?
9) Goldratt’s theory of constraints (TOC) could be restated using which of the following?
· Continuous adjustments after a constraint problem is solved will cause more problems
- A system constraint cannot be identified and thus cannot be improved
· Any system is limited in achieving more of its goals by a very small number of constraints
· A system with constraints will not be able to achieve its goals
10) Which of the following are examples of Goldratt’s Rules of Production Scheduling?
· Nonbottlenecks govern throughput
- Utilization and activation are the same
- An hour saved at a bottleneck is a mirage
· Balance flow, not capacity
11) The DMAIC cycle of Six Sigma is similar to which of the following quality management topics?
- Continuous improvement
- ISO 9000
· External benchmarking
12) Statistical Process Control (SPC) and data from the actual process to statistically monitor the process over time are employed during which step of the DMAIC cycle?
13) The idea that statistical methods of quality control, including six-sigma, does not prevent defects, is central to what alternative quality system?
- Shingo System
- SQC methods
- Deming PDCA cycle
- DMAIC cycle
14) According to Goldratt, which of the following is defined as “any resource whose capacity is less than the demand placed on it”?
- Capacity-constrained resource
- Buffer resource
- Bottleneck resource
- Nonbottleneck resource
15) According to the theory of constraints which of the following is a FINANCIAL measurement that can be used to measure the firm's ability to make money?
- Operating expenses
- Cash flow
- This Solution has been Purchased 2 time
- Submitted On 14 Nov, 2014 12:26:42