Early treatment of juveniles focused on punishing offenders who were capable of understanding their offenses. Today, the juvenile justice system has developed as a more benevolent, less formal alternative to the adult system, in which rehabilitation, not punishment, is the desired outcome.
In a minimum of 250 words, post to the Discussion Area your responses to the following:
- Do you think rehabilitation should be the most important goal of the juvenile justice system? Why?
- During the course of processing a youthful offender, under what circumstances, if any, should the juvenile justice system abandon rehabilitation and focus on punishment?
- What criteria should be used when deciding whether to focus primarily on punishment? Explain.
Discussion Grading Criteria and Rubric
All discussion assignments in this course will be graded using a rubric. This assignment is worth 40 points. Download the discussion rubric and carefully read it to understand the expectations.
- This Solution has been Purchased 1 time
- Submitted On 01 Aug, 2015 01:02:53