Question posted by
- Rating : 0
- Grade : No Rating
- Questions : 0
- Solutions : 53
- Blog : 0
- Earned : $0.00
NR 511 Week 1 Clinical Preparedness Exam
- Define diagnostic reasoning
- What is subjective data?
- What is objective data?
- Components of HPI
- Why must every procedure code have a corresponding diagnosis code?
- What are the three components required in determining an outpatient office visit E&M code?
- What is medical coding?
- … medical billing?
- What are CPT codes?
- —- ICD codes?
- What is specificity?
- …… sensitivity?
- What is predictive value?
- … elements need to … when developing a plan?
- What are the components of medical decision making in E&M coding?
- Correctly order the E&M office visit codes based on complexity from least to most complex.
- Define the components of a SOAP note nr 511 week 1
- What are purposes of the written H&P in relation to the importance of documentation?
- When is a pt … a “new” pt?
- What does a well-rounded clinical experience mean?
- …. maximum number of hours that time can … spent “rounding” in a facility during clinicals?
- What are 9 things that must … documented in the clinical encounter logs?
- …. first “S” in the SNAPPS presentation?
- What is the “N” in the SNAPPS presentation?
- ….. “A” in the SNAPPS presentation?
- What is the first “P” in the SNAPPS presentation?
- —- second “P” in the SNAPPS presentation?
- What is the last “S” in the SNAPPS presentation?
- Drew Brees is scheduled for an acute visit for a skin lesion. After looking at his lesion he pulls out a long list of things he wants to discuss. You are 30 minutes behind on your schedule and you only have 15 minutes for this appointment. Which of the following is the best response to the patient nr 511 week 1?
- Which statement(s) regarding practice guidelines is (are) NOT true?
- A maximum of 20 alternative hours can … used as part of the 125 hour practicum requirement for each clinical course.
- The number of cases of a particular disease in a population at a given time is known as nr 511 week 1
- Which of the following is … when documenting clinical experiences in your student clinical encounter log?
- New practitioners especially need support to develop confidence in their diagnostic and treatment-planning capabilities.
- Which of the following statement(s) is (are) true?
- Your pt presents with a sore throat x2 days. You suspect that he may have strep pharyngitis because his best friend had it last week. You do not have rapid antigen tests in your office, so you send a throat swab for culture. Which ICD-10 code should you use on the lab requisition?
- Point of care strategy involves:
- Which statement is true regarding SOAP notes?
- Which statement is true?
- …… regarding diagnostic reasoning is NOT true?
- The level of Evaluation & Management (E&M) codding for new and established pt’s is based on documentation that is provided in the pt’s medical record.
- Systematic reviews of randomized clinical trial studies are …. level ____ evidence:
- Experience is a necessary component in exercising clinical judgement.
- Tom Brady is seen in your office with c/o sore throat x2 days. Which body system would not … included in the H&P for this problem-focused visit?
- Which of the following is NOT a requirement when developing a practice guideline?
- Sporadic outbreaks occur when there are occasional cases of an event unrelated in space or time.
- Which of the following statements is NOT true nr 511 week 1 ?
- Which one of the following students is not meeting the practicum expectations?
- Evidence from well-designed case-control and cohort studies are … which level of evidence in research design?
- Seat belt use is … ___________ prevention.
- Chloe complains of acute pain in the R ear. Her exam reveals a normal exam on the L side. The R external ear is non-erythemic and non-tender. The EAC is free of debris or obstruction and without redness. The TM is visible, bright red and bulging with cloudy fluid. Which is the best ICD-10 diagnosis code for your findings?
- What are the three main components in determining the E&M code?
- Which one of the following do NOT meet the requirements of this program?
- Morbidity refers to the number of people who have died from a particular disease.
- Malaria in the Southern Hemisphere (Africa) is …… a(an) ____________ disease nr 511 week 1.
- Alternative activities can … used toward your clinical requirement. Which of the following should NOT … documented as an “alternative activity?”
- The Resource-Based Relative Value Scale )RBRVS) is used by Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) to set reimbursement rates which are … to reflect the costs needed to provide services. Which of the following is NOT one of the components in determining set reimbursement rates for provider services?
- The HPI is a detailed breakdown of the ______ and is documented as ________.
- You are required to submit at least 4 SOAP notes from your practicum site for this class.
- Which statement(s) is true regarding documentation of your clinical encounter?
- Which one of the following preceptors would NOT meet the FNP program preceptor requirements?
- Aaron Rogers presents to your clinic in the off-season with a painful, red, swollen L calf. Without any other further info given, which one of the following is a reasonable differential to investigate further?
- Nursing research should … utilized by:
- Maddie has a h/o asthma that is classified as mild, intermittent asthma. She comes to the office today w/wheezing which is not improving with her inhaler. Which would … ther best ICD-10 code to apply with only the info given?
- Which of the following is NOT a secondary prevention measure?
- Having a family practice site for all 5 practicum courses guarantees that you will have a well-rounded clinical experience to all ages and conditions.
- Reimbursement policy changes by insurance carriers over the years has resulted in a reduction of health care spending.
- Cam Newton receives a passing midterm and final eval from his preceptor along with 76% in the didactic portion of the class. Cam will pass the class.
- Episodic visits are also known as problem-focused visits nr 511 week 1
- Subjective info is what the pt reports, complains of, or tells you in response to your questions.
- HIPAA legislation is important to the daily management of the practitioner practice setting. Precautions should … used to protect pt electronic personal info at all times. Which of the following is an appropriate precautionary measure?
[Solved] NR 511 WEEK 1 CLINICAL READINESS EXAM – QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
- This solution is not purchased yet.
- Submitted On 13 Nov, 2020 06:53:09
Answer posted by
- Rating : 0
- Grade : No Rating
- Questions : 0
- Solutions : 53
- Blog : 0
- Earned : $0.00
NR 511 Week 1 Clinical Preparedness Exam 1. Define diagnostic reasoning Reflective thinking because the process involves questioning one's thinking to determine if all possible avenues have been explored and if the conclusions that are being drawn are based on evidence. Seen as a kind of critical thinking. 1. What is subjective data? What the patient tells you, complains of, etc. Chief complaint HPI ROS 2. What is objective data? What YOU can see, hear, or feel as part of your exam. Includes lab data, diagnostic test results. 3. Components of HPI Specifically related to the chief complaint only. Detailed breakdown of CC. OLDCART 4. Why must every procedure code have a corresponding diagnosis code? Diagnosis code explains the necessity of the procedure code. Insurance won't pay if they don't correspond. 5. What are the three components required in determining an outpatient office visit E&M code? Place of service Type of service Patient status 6. What is medical coding? The use of codes to communicate with payers about which procedures were performed and why 7. What is medical billing? Process of submitting and following up on claims made to a payer in order to receive payment for medical services rendered by a healthcare provider. 8. What are CPT codes? Common procedural terminology Offers the official procedural coding rules and guidelines required when reporting medical services and procedures performed by physician and non-physician providers. 9. What are ICD codes? International classification of disease Used to provide payer info on necessity of visit or procedure performed. 10. What is specificity? The ability of the test to correctly detect a specific condition. If a patient has a condition but test is negative, it is a false negative. If a patient does NOT have a condition but the test is positive, it is a false positive. 11. What is sensitivity? Test that has few false negatives. Ability of a test to correctly identify a specific condition when it is present. The higher the sensitivity, the lesser the likelihood of a false negative. 12. What is predictive value? The likelihood that the patient actually has the condition and is, in part, dependent upon the prevalence of the condition in the population. If a condition is highly likely, the positive result would be more accurate. 13. What elements need to be considered when developing a plan? Pt's preferences and actions Research evidence Clinical state/circumstances Clinical expertise 14. What are the components of medical decision making in E&M coding? Risk Data Diagnosis The more time and consideration involved in dealing with a pt, the higher the reimbursement from the payer. Documentation must reflect MDM! 15. Correctly order the E&M office visit codes based on complexity from least to most complex. New patient: 1. Minimal/RN visit: 99201 2. Problem focused: 99202 3. Expanded problem focused: 99203 4. Detailed: 99204 5. Comprehensive: 99205 Established patient: 1. Minimal/RN visit: 99211 2. Problem focused: 99212 3. Expanded problem focused: 99213 4. Detailed: 99214 5. Comprehensive: 99215 16. Define the components of a SOAP note S: subjective (what the pt tells you) CC HPI PMH Fam Hx Social Hx ROS O: objective (what you can see, hear, feel on exam) Physical findings VS General survey HEENT Etc... A: assessment Global assessment of pt including differentials in order from most to least likely. Combination of subjective and objective info. List of dx addressed and billed for at the visit P: plan What you will Rx When to come back Diagnostic tests Pt education 17. What are purposes of the written H&P in relation to the importance of documentation? Important reference document that gives concise info about the pt's Hx and exam findings. Outlines a plan for addressing issues that prompted the visit. Info should be presented in a logical fashion that prominently features all data relevant to the pt's condition. Is a means of communicating info to all providers involved in the pt's care. Is a medical-legal document. Is essential in order to accurately code and bill for services. 18. When is a pt considered a "new" pt? If that pt has never been seen in that clinic or by that group of providers OR if the pt has not been seen in the past 3 years. 19. What does a well-rounded clinical experience mean? Includes seeing kids from birth through young adult visits for well child and acute visits, as well as adults for wellness or acute/routine visits. Seeing a variety of pt's, including 15% of peds and 15% of women's health of total time in the program. 20. What are the maximum number of hours that time can be spent "rounding" ...
Other Similar Questions
NR 511 Week 7 Clinical Practice Guideline Presentation Dyslipidemia Purpose Clinical guidelines provide recommendations on the diagnosis and management of certain conditions. Recommendations are based on evidence fro...
NR 511 Week 7 Clinical Practice Guideline Allergic Rhinitis Written Transcript Purpose Clinical guidelines provide recommendations on the diagnosis and management of certain conditions. Recommendations are based on ev...
NR 511 Week 7 CPG Presentation – Cholesterol – Hyperlipidemia 16 Slides with References Incidence and Prevalence in U.S. Pathophysiology Typical Clinical Presentation Clinical Practice Guideline CPG Application ...
NR 511 Week 7 Clinical Practice Guideline Powerpoint Allergic Rhinitis Purpose Clinical guidelines provide recommendations on the diagnosis and management of certain conditions. Recommendations are based on evidence ...
NR 511 Week 7 Clinical Practice Guideline PowerPoint, Adult Sinusitis ADULT SINUSITIS Purpose Clinical guidelines provide recommendations on the diagnosis and management of certain conditions. Recommendations are ba...