Week 5 iLab— Fireworks Stand Checkout
TCO 5—Given a simple problem that requires iteration, create a solution algorithm that employs loops.
TCO 8—Given a more complex problem, develop a complete solution that includes a comprehensive statement of the problem, complete program design, and program documentation.
Your algorithm will keep track of a customer’s purchases at the local fireworks stand. Customers will not know exactly how many items they will purchase, so using a For loop on this lab is not allowed. Let’s keep the rules simple.
• Accept the dollar value of each item purchased from the user until the user is finished.
• When purchases are complete, enter a sentinel value of -1 (indicating that the user has finished).
• If the item purchased is $50.00 or more, give your customer a 10% discount on the item purchased.
• Display all of the purchases to the customer with the original price and the discount price.
Be sure to think about the logic and design first (IPO chart, pseudocode, and flowchart), then code the C# program.
Point distribution for this activity:
Document Points possible Points received
Variable list & IPO chart 10
Working program 25
Total Points 50
1—Variable List With Data Type & IPO Table
List all variables you will use (use valid variable names). Indicate whether the data type is string, integer, or double, and so on.
List the inputs, any processes/calculations, and outputs. Use the same valid variable names you used in Step 1.
Inputs Process (calculations) Outputs
Use MS Visio to create a flowchart. Paste the flowchart here, or attach it as a separate document. Use the same valid variable names you used in Step 1.
Screenshot of Running Program
Zipped Project File (submitted to Dropbox)
Copy/paste your C# code here.
Paste a screenshot(s) of the complete working program here. Use test scenarios to test all possible paths of execution.
Submit a separate zipped file to the Dropbox containing the complete project folder.
- This Solution has been Purchased 4 time
- Average Rating for this solution is A+
- Submitted On 08 Jun, 2015 12:22:08