NUR 2058 Dimensions of Nursing Final Exam / NUR2058 Final Exam: Rasmussen College
- Rating : 0
- Grade : No Rating
- Questions : 0
- Solutions : 491
- Blog : 0
- Earned : $153.30
NUR 2058 Dimensions of Nursing Final Exam
1. or : Energy Systems in the body are used by both conventional and integrative medicine.
2. Select the most effective method that nurses can use to gain power over their practice.
3. An unexpected occurrence involving death or serious physical or psychological injury or the risk thereof serious injury including loss of limbs or function is:
4. What is the purpose of spiritual modes of healing?
5. or : QSEN or Quality of Safety Education for Nurses is built on 8 competencies developed by the Department of Health.
6. Which best describes The Leapfrog Group and its recommendations?
7. A client’s blood pressure of 180/110 mmHg is an example of which of the following?
8. With which of the following clients does the nurse determine to be the most appropriate time to discuss their discharge teaching?
9. What is the definition of the ethical principle of non-maleficence?
10. These characteristics are difficult to identify, but have an even more profound effect on an individual's cultural identity.
11. Which of the following is a key element to effective education of nursing students?
12. Which of the following would NOT be considered an invasion of privacy:
13. Which of the following is an appropriate response from the nurse when caring for a client using complimentary medicine?
14. Which of the following is not a characteristic of Integrative medicine?
15. When reviewing the term spirituality, which of the following would not be included in its definition?
16. This is the single most obvious barrier to providing culturally competent care.
17. Which situation is the nurse allowed to breech a client’s right of confidentiality?
18. Which of the following best describes conventional and integrative medicine?
19. Which characteristic is required in a person to be able to resolve difficult crises?
20. Where would a nurse look to find their scope of practice as defined by state law?
21. Identify an important aspect of the role of forensic psychiatric nurses
22. The student nurse asks, “Why is there such an emphasis on spirituality in health care?” Which of the following is the most appropriate response by the nurse preceptor?
23. What is the first step in the delegation process?
24. What is the most important element for the nurse navigator to include in the planning of care for a client?
25. Identify a secured setting for the practice of forensic nursing.
26. What would be a likely result of the development of a universally agreed upon nomenclature and taxonomy for nursing clinical information and management data?
27. A particularly vocal staff nurse on a busy obstetric unit has been complaining to the other nurses about the unit manager’s preferential treatment of the night-shift nurses. Select the action that the unit manager should take to resolve this problem, which best demonstrates the use of the assertive approach to conflict resolution.
28. When do most health-care expenditures occur in a person’s life?
29. Which assignment is most appropriate for a CNA/UAP (unlicensed assistive personnel) floated to the medical-surgical unit from the outpatient clinic?
30. What is the primary goal of the nurse navigator role?
31. It is estimated that 98,000 people die per year due to adverse events & medical errors in hospitals.
32. Identify a communication style that involves interpersonal behaviors that permit people to defend and maintain their legitimate rights in a respectful manner that does not violate the rights of others.
33. Which nursing intervention is of limited effectiveness in addressing the needs of a client with a nursing diagnosis of Spiritual Distress?
34. When does the encoding process of communication take place?
35. Who is called the “father of modern medicine”?
36. Identify the task that may be delegated to an LPN (LVN) if all of the clients are stable.
37. A patient is anxious about a procedure. Knowing the patient loves the beach, the nurse instructs them to close their eyes and picture the ocean, sand, and rays of the sun. Which of the following practices is the nurse implementing?
38. Identify the primary change that increased the need for many more certified RN-coders and certified RN-auditors.
39. Identify the four concepts that are common in most nursing theories.
40. Which of the following demonstrates the planning phase of the nursing process?
41. What is the best way to increase the motivation to learn in the elderly population?
42. Why is it important for nurses in general practice to have an awareness of forensic knowledge?
43. Why is term healing preferred to medicine when referring to alternative and complementary modalities?
44. An example of civility in the classroom consists of keeping cell phones on silent and using proper cell phone etiquette?
45. What primary skills are required of the nurse to provide cultural competent care?
46. Both nursing models and theories help explain and direct nursing actions.
47. Which of the following statements is most accurate about the vast majority of the elderly?
48. Although the assessment techniques used for different individuals may be identical, the nurse needs to know the basic biological and physical variations among ethnic groups.
49. The client’s short term outcome was to sit up in a chair at bedside for 30 minutes. The nurse reviews the client outcome, determines that it was not met, and modifies the interventions. Which phase of the nursing process is this?
50. This lengthy assessment tool provides a thorough overview of a client’s culture.
51. By law, supplements are regulated be the Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
52. Which of the following describes Callista Roy’s definition of nursing as indicated in her nursing model?
53. An ethical code does which of the following?
54. To which individual can the charge nurse delegate the task of completing the history and physical assessment for a newly admitted client?
55. A client sustained a complete C2 spinal cord injury after a motor vehicle crash. He is unable to move bilateral upper and lower extremities. He requires total nursing care including assistance eating, turning, and voiding. Which of the following describes the level of care the nurse provides according to Orem’s self-care model?
56. Function in nursing informatics focuses on which of the following?
57. Identify the best method for a nurse to acknowledge a client’s autonomy
58. Select the most appropriate client for the RN to assign to the CNA/UAP (unlicensed assistive personnel).
59. What is best described as the concepts, ideals, behaviors, and significant themes that give meaning to a person’s life?
60. Which of the following is known as a healing practice that uses the human energy system?
61. The analysis that tracks events leading to error, identifies faulty systems and processes, and develops a plan to prevent further error in a blame-free environment is called:
62. Nurses who learn about another person's culture is enough to guarantee the nurse will have cultural awareness.
63. Using errors as learning opportunities is a key element in building which of the following?
64. Evidence-based practice is the practice of nursing in which interventions are based on data from research that demonstrates they are appropriate and successful.
65. Which of the following is considered the best preferred strategy to dealing with conflict?
66. Which statement made by a nursing student during a class on delegation indicates that the student needs additional study of the topic?
67. Which statement by a nurse manager during a staff meeting best demonstrates use of an assertive style of communication?
68. A physician writes a DNR order for a competent client. Which individual may give permission for this order?
69. A client asks what the Affordable Care Act is. What best explains this act?
70. Clients may develop this when they view that the nurse is an authority figure or expert in health-care matters.
71. Which is the principle upon which Nightingale’s spirituality was based?
72. Client Satisfaction is not another way to measure quality of care.
73. What is one disadvantage to the electronic health care system that health care workers are concerned about?
74. Which is not part of the role of the forensic correctional nurse?
75. The nurse identifies a problem list for the client. Which of the following phases of the nursing process is this a part of?
76. What is the federally funded national health insurance program in the United States for people older than 65 years?
77. T.S is a 75 year old man who sustained a left hip fracture after a fall. He is normally independent and lives at home with his wife who suffers from dementia. He currently requires a heavy assist of 2 to pivot transfer to a chair. He is not currently ambulating more than a few steps with a walker. His goal is to go back home to help care for his wife. Which of the following is the most appropriate hospital discharge plan for T.S.?
78. What is the primary reason some nurses have difficulty in their role of managing the needs of the elderly or dying client?
79. What is the most effective method nurses can use to gain power over nursing practice?
80. The establishment of a professional organization is one of the most important defining characteristics of a profession.
81. Why is heritage consistency important to cultural groups?
82. Identify the term used when a person lives with consciousness of a reality beyond what is knowable through the five senses and is aware of a transcendent reality.
83. or : Total quality improvement is based upon the organization with the higher-quality service that will capture a greater share of the market than competitors with lower-quality services.
84. Which of the following is not a reason the State Board of Nursing may revoke a nursing license?
85. What would be a characteristic of the ideal electronic health care record?
86. The type of reimbursement system that pays a fixed-rate based on diagnosis (or DRG) is called what:
87. Which of the following organizations provides nursing with a code of ethics?
88. Which of the following reasons is not a reason for the increasing use of alternative and complementary healing practices?
89. Identify the primary driving force behind the development and use of telehealth or telemedicine.
90. The establishment of a professional organization is insignificant in defining characteristics of a profession.
91. A registered nurse (RN) is assigned to a step-down coronary care unit with 20 clients in various stages of recovery. What is the primary consideration in assigning the unit staff that includes two RNs, two licensed practical nurses (LPNs), and one certified nursing assistant (CNA) or UAP (unlicensed assistive personnel)?
92. What is acute care of sick persons that is provided in hospitals called?
93. Identify the characteristics of a task that is to be delegated that would require it to be assigned to an RN.
94. Evidence-based practice is the practice of nursing in which interventions are based on data from research that demonstrates that they are appropriate and successful.
95. Identify the health-care area in which the use of computers has improved the efficiency of care.
96. What is a major benefit for the elderly who now have easy access to and use of technology such as the Internet and smartphones?
97. This federally funded program is known for financing a large portion of maternal and child care for the poor.
98. What is the primary purpose for the development of the Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) project?
99. Which behavior indicates that a nurse, who is forced to confront a conflict situation, is using a submissive approach to communication?
100. What advantage does the electronic health record system have over traditional paper systems?
Cultural belief Pg. 545
Vietnamese Americans believe that mental illness results from some action that offended one or more of the gods.
What culture believes fraternal twins was witchcraft: Native American
[Solved] NUR 2058 Dimensions of Nursing Final Exam / NUR2058 Final Exam: Rasmussen College
- This solution is not purchased yet.
- Submitted On 11 Apr, 2020 06:02:11
- Rating : 0
- Grade : No Rating
- Questions : 0
- Solutions : 491
- Blog : 0
- Earned : $153.30