HCR 230 Week 9 Final Project Design a Financial Policy
Resources: Appendix A and Figure 15.1 on p. 487 of Medical Insurance
Complete Part A and Part B of your final project using critical thinking skills. These skills include suspending judgment and applying problem-solving skills and methods while conducting research. You must form evaluative decisions and provide your rationale after considering how you would design a medical office financial policy.
Decide on the type of medical office setting you prefer to research. Focus on that setting as you complete each portion of the final project.
Refer to Figure 15.1 on p. 487 of your textbook, the Internet, and the University Library as resources. Search for medical office financial policy advice and sample policies.
Write an original 750- to 1,050-word medical office financial policy for Part A of your final project. In your policy, provide a minimum of three references other than your textbook, formatted according to APA standards. Include the following components in your policy:
· Collection of copayments, deductibles, and past-due balances
· Arrangements for handling of unpaid balances
· Handling of payments for noncovered services
· Prepayment policies
· Policies for accepting cash, checks, money orders, and credit or debit cards
· Arrangements for sliding scales and low income payments
· Other pertinent policies you see fit to include based on your research
Format your policy similarly to the examples you see online and in your text; however, your policy must include APA-formatted references.
Complete Part B of your project. Include the following the end of your financial policy:
· Add a separate section reviewing why you believe your policy is best suited to your selected type of medical office setting.
· Explain and provide support for your rationale in 550 to 700 words.
· Include a minimum of one reference to support your explanation and format your paper consistent with APA guidelines. You may use the same references to complete the supporting rationale that you used for the financial policy.
Post your paper as an attachment.
- This solution has not purchased yet.
- Submitted On 10 Dec, 2019 10:17:41