Patho Week 2 Study Guide
1. What is the complement cascade? What role does it play? What is its end result?
2. What excretion is the body's first line of protection?
3. How do surfactant proteins A through D provide innate resistance?
4. What causes the edema that occurs during the inflammatory process?
5. Which process causes heat and redness to occur during the inflammatory process?Vasodilation of blood vessels
6. What are the roles of neutrophils and macrophages?
7. What is the vascular effect of histamine released from mast cells?
8. What would you expect to in the body's stress response to inflammation?
9. What is a keloid?
10. What is the role of fibroblasts and which phase of healing are they present?
11. Explain in detail the pathophysiology of an anaphylactic reaction.
12. Describe and discuss the different type of allergic reactions.
13. What occurs during the process of repair after tissue damage?
14. When histamine-1 (H1) and histamine-2 (H2) receptors are located on the same cells, they act in what fashion?
15. Describe the classical pathway cascade.
16. What changes would you expect to see on a patients CBC with acute inflammation?
17. What effects does histamine have on inflammation
- This solution has not purchased yet.
- Submitted On 18 Jun, 2019 06:03:56