3 questions, 3A, 3B, 3C, discuss each in 1 page
discuss each on its own word file, refs and cite in each, try to get the book from which the chapter is coming from and ref and cite it
Can you answer posted instructor questions? thank you
- Open your DISCUSSION BOARD folder to participate in our class discussion. Full credit in the discussion board requires at least one substantive response to your instructor’s original question(s) and a reply to at least one of your classmates.
Instructor’s question 3A: Chapter 3 introduces us to a variety of career theories:
- Social Cognitive Career Theory (Lent, Brown, and Hackett)
- Cognitive Information Processing Theory (Peterson, Sampson, Reardon, and Lenz)
- Career Construction Theory (Savickas)
- Integrative Life Planning Model (Hansen)
- Postmodern Approaches: Narrative Approach, Constructivist Career Counseling, Chaos Theory of Careers
Do you see any similarities in the thinking of the theorists? What differentiates each theory from the others presented here? Which of the theories do you feel most drawn to and why? Do you think that the various theories might be differentially effective depending upon the client that you are working with?
Instructor’s question 3B: Reflect in-depth on the theory of Mark Savickas and incorporate your insights on the use of this theory from your viewing of the video. How would you incorporate the elements of this theory into a fruitful career discussion with a client? What type of learning do you think would happen for the client?
Instructor’s question 3C: Discuss/compare your reactions and impressions to working with the materials in the O*Net system to working with the report(s) generated by the Strong Interest Inventory. What do you think are the advantages and disadvantages of each? What types of clients do you think might benefit from each of these approaches?
- This solution has not purchased yet.
- Submitted On 06 Feb, 2019 01:09:31