BSA 500 ENTIRE COURSE
BSA 500 Week 1 Individual Assignment Business Systems Table
Create a table in Excel® or another tool that compares and contrasts your search on the Internet for examples of the types of technologies currently used in the field or industry that you work in or plan to pursue.
For example, if you are planning a career in accounting or finance, you should become familiar with financial systems such as Oracle® Financials.
For a career in logistics or distribution, research supply chain management (SCM) systems. If marketing appeals to you, research customer relationship management (CRM) systems, blogs, marketing, and social networking.
The table should include a minimum of three rows for each technology and columns that provide an overview of the type of technologies you found and how the companies are using them to achieve a competitive advantage. Submit your assignment to the Assignment Files tab.
BSA 500 Week 2 Learning Team Business Study Paper, Part 1
Select a publicly-traded information technology company with available financial information to use for the Learning Team Assignments in Weeks Two through Six. Suggested business types include software product companies, IT related professional services and consulting, and technology solution providers.
Write a 1-page overview of the selected company, including the size and type of business. Considering the size and type of business, list potential accounting software that this company might use. Submit your assignment to the Assignment Files tab.
Note: The final version of this draft will be included in the Business Study Paper due in Week Six.
BSA 500 Week 2 Individual Assignment Business Processes
Review the Business Process Model Diagram for Taxi Service. (Figure 2.2 in Business Driven Information Systems).
Write a 1- to 2-page paper addressing the following questions assuming this diagram needs to be modified to represent an online transportation model (such as Uber):
- What swim lanes need to be added to the diagram?
- What processes need to be added to the diagram?
- What advantages does the online transportation model offer in comparison to a traditional taxi service?
Submit your assignment to the Assignment Files tab. Supporting Material:Ch. 2, Business Driven Information Systems
BSA 500 Week 3 Individual Assignment Business Study, Part 2
Create a 1-page table or chart, using the company that your Learning Team agreed on, that lists the company's business systems and identifies those that should be integrated with the company's accounting system.
Note: The final version of this draft will be included in the Business Study Paper due in Week Six. Submit your assignment to the Assignment Files tab.
BSA 500 Week 3 Individual Assignment The Value of Data
Write a 2- to 3-page paper that addresses the following:
- Provide an example of the type and nature of business data (for your current employer or projected industry career you want to pursue) that fits each of the five common characteristics of high-quality information (see Ch. 6 of Business Driven Information Systems). Types of data should be broken out into functional areas (for example, client demographics, sales data, historical data, and service provider data)
- Explain why each characteristic is important to your business data and what might happen if your business data were of low quality. Submit your assignment to the Assignment Files tab. Supporting Material: Ch. 6, Business Driven Information Systems
BSA 500 Week 4 Individual Assignment Business Study Paper, Part 3
Complete a 1-page summary of the team's selected company's balance sheet and income statement. Note: This analysis will be included in the Learning Team Business Study Paper due in Week Six.
Submit your assignment to the Assignment Files tab.
BSA 500 Week 4 Individual Assignment Balance Sheet and Income Statement Commentary, Part 3
Resources: Course Notes and the Internet. Select one of the three publicly traded companies you chose in Week Two. Obtain current balance sheets and income statements for your selected company using Company Directories and Financials in the University Library:
- Click the University Library.
- Under Library Resources, click the Company Directories and Financials Database.
- Select Dun & Bradstreet Key Business Ratios.
- Search for your selected company.
- Dun & Bradstreet
- Hoovers, etc.
Write a 2-page analysis of one company's Balance Sheet with details on their assets, liabilities, and income statement; including a summary of their revenue and expenses for one year. Highlight the insights that you have gained from your analysis.
Note: that this will be used for the individual work due Week Six. Submit your assignment to the Assignment Files tab. Supporting Material: Course Notes
BSA 500 Week 5 Learning Team Business Study Presentation
Your team has been asked to prepare a presentation for the executive leadership of your selected company.
Create a 6- to 8-slide multimedia-rich presentation of the data you gathered in the team assignments in Weeks Two though Five. Include the following:
- An introduction slide
- The information prepared from Weeks Two through Five
- Details to support the information you added from Weeks Two through Five
- A slide that describes the methods you used to gather and prepare your information
- Detailed speaker notes that include the conclusions and insights that the financial information has provided about the company.
Submit your presentation to the Assignment Files tab.
BSA 500 Week 5 Individual Assignment Calculate Key Financial Ratios, Part 4
Resource: Any two of your selected organizations, located in Ch. 17, "Understanding Accounting and Financial Information," of Understanding Business. Calculate the current and past five years' financial ratios for the two selected companies and compare them to another company in the same industry.
Include the following:
- Liquidity ratio
- Leverage (debt) ratio
- Activity (turn-over) ratio
- Profitability ratio
Search for an average price to earnings (P/E) ratio for a company in the same industry.
Write a 1- to 2-page analysis that compares the listed values. Summarize your conclusions about the comparisons. Please include insights about how these analyses might impact information technology companies and organizations.
BSA 500 Week 6 Learning Team Final Business Systems Paper
Review the materials from the Learning Team assignments from Weeks Two through Five.
Consolidate and submit your completed work from previous weeks and include a 1-page executive summary of the organization's financial state. Include the necessary accounting systems components and the systems that should be integrated to the accounting system.
Submit your assignment to the Assignment Files tab
- This solution has not purchased yet.
- Submitted On 11 Jul, 2018 09:06:59