In this assignment, you will use the StatCrunch U data set that you developed in Module 2 as part of the first StatCrunch assignment.
As you did in StatCrunch Assignment 1B, look at the items in the StatCrunch U survey and develop a question regarding population proportions that can be answered using the survey data you collected.
As a reminder, here are the items on the survey:
Here are some possible questions. Feel free to pick one of those questions—but it would be better for you to formulate a question of your own. For this assignment, you need a question related to proportions and one that will require the use of a confidence interval and hypothesis test to answer. NOTE: There is a sample StatCrunch Assignment 3 designed to give you an idea of how to do this assignment. It uses a question related to the proportions of female and male students at StatCrunch U. You cannot use that question on this assignment.
Is the proportion of seniors less than the proportion of freshman?
Is the proportion of male students who work different from the proportion of female students who work?
Is the proportion of students with student loans who work greater than the proportion of students without student loans who work?
Is the proportion of female students with credit card debt greater than the proportion of male students with credit card debt?
Is the proportion of male freshman students different from the proportion of male senior students?
Answer each of the following questions. Point values are indicated with each question.
1. (20 pts.) State your question. Remember that your question should be related to the population proportion or proportions and should be one that will require the use of a confidence interval and hypothesis test to answer. Assume that your sample is representative of the population.
2. (30 pts.) Explain the methodology you will use to answer the question you posed. Your explanation should include answers to the following questions. Do not include your analysis or answers to your question here—only describe how you will do the analysis.
3. (30 pts.) Carry out the methodology described in 2 above. Use StatCrunch and paste copies of the StatCrunch output in the space below. (NOTE: For the purposes of this assignment, go ahead and complete the confidence interval and hypothesis test even if there are not at least 10 successes and 10 failures.) Your explanation should include answers to the following questions:
4. (20 pts.) Based on the results of 2 and 3 above, answer your question. Include an explanation of how you used the StatCrunch output to formulate your answer.
- This solution has not purchased yet.
- Submitted On 10 Jun, 2018 06:17:31