Purpose: The purpose of the Disease Process Presentation is for learners to:
- Develop professional presentation/communication skills.
- Demonstrate an advancing understanding of pathophysiological processes of body systems that result in the diagnosis and treatment of patients who present with these disorders in these systems.
- …. the ability to analyze the literature to obtain the most current, evidence-based resources on the assigned disease process.
- Demonstrate and practice professional communication and leadership, while advancing the education of peers.
Requirements: For Week 6 of the course, there is no case study given to you by the faculty. Instead you will be creating a recorded presentation that demonstrates your understanding of a selected disease process. This presentation will be uploaded into the course via Kaltura (see course resource for directions).
Address the following Criteria:
- Introduce the disease with a brief definition and description.
- Discuss the Risk Factors and the connection to the Etiology of the initial injury to the cell/tissue/organ.
- Discuss health care provider implications for prevention of the disease.
- Show the progression from the initial injury to the defect in the tissue, organ and system functioning.
- Link changes in the tissue, organ, and system functioning to the initial presenting signs and symptoms seen in primary care of the disease.
- Provide a brief description of how the disease is …..
- Provide a brief description of the pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions used to treat and manage the disease.
- Summarizes the disease on final slide with concluding remarks; includes implication for nurse practitioner practice.
- Utilizes at least two current (within 5 years), peer-review scholarly sources to support presentation content.
- Reference slide and in-text citations depict references correctly cited according to APA.
- This Solution has been Purchased 1 time
- Submitted On 10 Jun, 2018 05:52:27