NR 507 Midterm Document Questions & Answers 2:
- A 25 year old female is … with urinary tract obstruction. while planning care, the nurse realizes that the patient is expected to have hydronephrosis and a decreased glomerular filtration rate … by ?
- A 27 year old male has a severe kidney obstruction leading to removal of the affected kidney. Which of the following would the nurse expect to occur?
- A 55 year old male presents reporting urinary retention. Tests reveal that he has a lower urinary tract obstruction. Which of the following is of most concern to the nurse?
- When a patient asks what the most common type of renal stones is … of, how should the nurse respond? The most common type of renal stone is composed of?
- While planning care for a patient with renal calculi, the nurse remembers the most important factor in renal calculus formation is
- A 24 year old female is … with renal calculus that is causing obstruction. Which of the following symptoms would she most likely experience
- A 25 year old female presents with burning urination. She was … with a urinary tract infection. When the nurse checks the culture results, which of the following organisms is most likely infecting her urinary tract
- A 75 year old male reports to his primary care provider loss of urine with cough, sneezing, or laughing. Which of the following is the most likely diagnosis the nurse will observe on the chart
- A nurse assesses a patient with a complicated urinary tract infection (UTI) for
- A 28 year old female presents with fever, chills, and flank pain. She is … with pyelonephritis. A nurse recalls the patient’s infection is located in the
- While planning care for a patient who has acute pyelonephritis, a nurse recalls the most common condition associated with the development of acute pyelonephritis is
- A 29 year old female presents with cloudy urine, flank pain, hematuria, and fever. which of the following does the nurse suspect the patient is most likely experiencing?
- A 15 year old male was … with pharyngitis. Eight days later he developed acute glomerulonephritis. While reviewing the culture results, which of the following is the most likely cause of this disease
- When a nurse observes post-streptococcal glomerulonephritis as a diagnosis on a patient, which principle will the nurse remember? Acute post-streptococcal glomerulonephritis is primarily … by
- A 30 year old male is demonstrating hematuria with red blood cell casts and proteinuria exceeding 3 to 5 g/day, with albumin being the major protein. The most probable diagnosis the nurse will see documented on the chart is
- A 45 year old male presents with oliguria. He is … with chronic glomerulonephritis. The nurse knows oliguria is … to
- A 42 year old male is involved in a motor vehicle accident during which he loses a lot of blood. the nurse realizes he is in acute renal failure … by
- A 56 year old male presents with flank pain and polyuria. Tests reveal that he has an enlarged prostate. which of the following types of renal failure should the nurse monitor for as it is the most likely to occur
- A 60 year old male is … with renal failure. while the nurse is reviewing lab results, which of the following lab values would … most consistent with this diagnosis
- A 45 year old female presents with hypertension, anorexia, nausea and vomiting, and anemia. She is … with chronic renal failure. When the patient asks what … this anemia, how should the nurse respond? Your anemia is … by
- A 42 year old female is … with chronic renal failure and the nurse is discussing dietary treatment. Which information indicates the nurse understands dietary regimen? Treatment includes restricting
- While turning a patient with chronic renal failure, which principle should the nurse recall? Bone fractures are a risk factor in chronic renal failure because
- Anemia accompanies chronic renal failure because of
- A patient with end-stage renal disease has pruritus. When the patient asks what causes this, what is the nurse’s best response? Pruritus, seen in patients with end-stage renal disease, is … by high levels of
- When a nurse is teaching about urinary pathogens in men. Which information should the nurse include? Mechanisms for defense against urinary pathogens in men include
- A 15-year-old female presents with flank pain, irritability, malaise, and fever. Tests reveal glomerulonephritis. When the parents ask what could have … this, how should the nurse respond
post streptococcal infection
- A urologist is discussing nephritic syndrome. Which information should … included? If nephrotic syndrome is not … initially by kidney disease, it is termed ____ nephrotic syndrome
- A 4-year-old male is … with nephrotic syndrome. Which of the following assessment findings accompanies this condition?
- A 7-year-old female is … with nephrotic syndrome. Which of the following should the nurse ask the parents if they or the child has noticed recently
- Which of the following clusters of symptoms would make a clinician suspect a child has developed glomerulonephritis
- When a child is … with acute renal failure, a clinician realizes the most common cause of acute renal failure is
- A 10-year-old male is … with glomerulonephritis. Tests reveal the deposition of immunoglobulin IgA i the glomerular capillaries. The nurse will monitor for recurrent.
NR 507 Midterm Document Questions & Answers 2 | Complete Solution
- This solution has not purchased yet.
- Submitted On 09 Jun, 2018 04:50:58
1. A 25 year old female is diagnosed with urinary tract obstruction. while planning care, the nurse realizes that the patient is expected to have hydronephrosis and a decreased glomerular filtration rate caused by ? dilation of the renal pelvis and calyces proximal to a blockage 2. A 27 year o...
Other Related Solutions