Part A. Questions about non-parametric procedures
1. What are the most common reasons you would select a non-parametric test over the parametric alternative?
2. Discuss the issue of statistical power in non-parametric tests (as compared to their parametric counterparts). Which type tends to be more powerful? Why?
3. For each of the following parametric tests, identify the appropriate non-parametric counterpart:
a. Dependent t test
b. Independent samples t test
c. Repeated measures ANOVA (one-variable)
d. One-way ANOVA (independent)
e. Pearson Correlation
Part B. SPSS Assignment
In this part of the assignment you will perform the non-parametric version of the tests you used in Week 4. In each case, assume that you opted to use the non-parametric equivalent rather than the parametric test. Using the relevant data files from Assignment #4, complete the following tests and paste your results into a Word document:
1. The non-parametric version of the dependent t test (use the SPSS dataset from Assignment #4, Part A);
2. The non-parametric version of the independent t test (use the SPSS dataset created in Assignment #4, Part B); and,
3. The non-parametric version of the single factor ANOVA (use the SPSS dataset in Assignment #4, Part C).
Your submittal should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts that are presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Where applicable your submittal should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards. Review APA Form and Style.