ACC 206 - Research Project: Liabilities
This assignment is to be completed and submitted hardcopy in class by April 17, 2018 (Tuesday). It should be an “individual effort” - you are not to work with other students to complete this project. No assignments will be accepted by email.
Please obtain from Johnson and Johnson’s website (or the SEC’s Edgar site) J&J’s 2017 Annual Report (10-K) which was filed with the SEC on Feb. 21, 2018. Use the 2017 Consolidated Financial Statements and the accompanying Notes to answer the following questions. Please also provide the page numbers of the annual report where you find the information.
1. What amounts of total current and long-term liabilities were reported on the balance sheet?
2. By account balance, what were the top three current liabilities accounts and their balances?
3. What was the amount of current maturities of long-term debt as of 12/31/2017?
4. Of all the bonds (debentures) issued, was there any issuance at discount or premium? If so, how many for each type?
5. What are the aggregate maturity amounts of the long-term obligations for each of the next five years, commencing in 2018?
6. What were the general categories of legal proceedings that J&J made disclosures of in the footnote? Did J&J accrue any loss contingencies in 2017?
J&J indicated that it has the ability to meet business requirements in the foreseeable future. Use ratio analyses to comment on its liquidity and solvency. To support your assessment, provide two ratios each for liquidity and solvency. Show the numbers used.
- This solution has not purchased yet.
- Submitted On 17 May, 2018 05:20:12