Module 2 - CaseTRANSMISSION MEDIA AND DATA TRANSMISSION
Both analog and digital data can be represented and propagated through either analog or digital signals. Digital data can be represented by analog signals by the use of a modem (modulator/demodulator). Similarly, analog data can be represented by a digital signal by a device called a codec (coder/decoder). For synchronous transmissions, Time Division Multiplexing (TDM) is used, and for asynchronous transmission Statistical Time Division Multiplexing (STDM) is the choice. Additionally, transmission media are classified as guided and unguided. Twisted-pair wire, coaxial cable, and fiber optics are considered guided media; and radio wave, microwave, and satellite transmission are unguided media.
Case 2 reviews sections 6 and 8 of the Data Communication and Networking e-textbook.
Write a 4- to 5-page report (excluding cover page and references) answering the following questions.
- What is the relationship between a signal’s spectrum and its bandwidth? What is attenuation?
- Compare and contrast DTE with DeE. What are the components of the DTE and DCE?
- What are the different categories of modulation to change digital signals to analog signals?
- Define channel capacity and what key factors affect channel capacity.
- What distinguishes Frequency Division Multiplexing (FDM)? Time Division Multiplexing (TDM)? Statistical Time Division Multiplexing (STDM)? Wavelength Division Multiplexing (WDM)?
- Why is multiplexing so cost-effective?
The report should:
- Demonstrate clear understanding of the subject and address all key elements of the assignment.
- Show analysis, synthesis, and evaluation of required material.
- Demonstrate writing proficiency at the academic level of the course; address the Learning Outcomes of the assignment.
- Use and cite relevant and credible sources to support assertions. The report is well organized and follows the structure of a well-written paper. APA style format is applied for all citations.
- This solution has not purchased yet.
- Submitted On 25 Apr, 2018 09:24:40