"Natural Hazards" Please respond to the following:
- Access the “USGS Hazards” website under the Natural Hazards terms section of the Science Corner. You can also access the website at http://www.usgs.gov/natural_hazards/. Choose one (1) of the following geologic hazards: earthquake, landslide, or flood. Next, determine the key factors that influence the occurrence of your chosen hazard. Then, analyze the human role in elevating the risks of occurrence, as well as mitigation strategies to minimize damage and loss of life.
- Watch the video titled "Meet the Volcanoes" (2 min 57 sec) under the Volcanism terms section of the Science Corner. You can also view the video at http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/earth/meet-volcanoes.html. Next, use the Internet or Strayer Library to research articles on the Mauna Loa Volcano in Hawaii and Mount Pinatubo in Philippines. Based on the type (i. e., cinder cone, shield, or composite) of volcano, and its common eruption characteristics, speculate on the societal and environmental damages that Mauna Loa and Mount Pinatubo would cause if they erupted today. Justify your response with evidence from your research.
- Describe three (3) ways that Wegener's continental drift hypothesis has helped to shape modern plate tectonic theory, and then explain why his hypothesis was not widely accepted by his peers when first proposed. Next, analyze at least two (2) types of evidence used to support plate tectonic theory.
Access the “USGS Hazards” website under the Natural Hazards terms
- This solution has not purchased yet.
- Submitted On 16 Apr, 2018 04:32:55
The term landslide includes a wide range of ground move...
Other Related Solutions