Assignment 4: Basics of Legal Research, Part 1
Per the text, computers are playing an increasingly important role in the practice of law. Successful paralegals must be comfortable with using electronic databases and research tools.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
1. Discuss a paralegal’s ethical obligation to conduct competent electronic research. Provide two (2) examples of the potential consequences of inept electronic research practices.
2. Determine whether or not traditional reference materials (e.g., State and Federal Reporters, West’s Encyclopedia, etc.) can be as current as electronic resources. Provide two (2) advantages and two (2) disadvantages to using traditional resource materials.
3. Use at least two (2) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
· Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- This solution has not purchased yet.
- Submitted On 22 Feb, 2018 03:04:43