Assignment 2: How a Law Becomes a Law
According to the Library of Congress, approximately 40,000 state and federal laws are ratified annually. For this reason, it is important to have an understanding of the manner in which a law is enacted. Imagine that your supervising attorney has approached you to research this topic.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
1. Identify the source(s) from which the authority to legislate is derived. Determine whether or not Congress has unreasonably and unlawfully expanded upon an identified source’s authority to legislate. Provide a rationale for your response.
2. Examine the value of dicta to the judicial decisions. Provide two (2) examples that illustrate the potential effect of dicta on judicial decisions.
3. Use at least two (2) quality references.
4. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements: Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions. Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- This solution has not purchased yet.
- Submitted On 22 Feb, 2018 02:58:29