Scenario: You are the administrator on call for a local hospital and you receive a call at 2:00 a.m. from another local hospital regarding a patient with a broken upper arm. The ED physician's assistant is calling to arrange an EMTALA transfer from his hospital to yours, but the orthopedic physician on call at your hospital is refusing to accept the transfer, stating that the patient doesn't need a higher level of care. When you ask him about that, he tells you the fracture is not displaced, and can be splinted and seen in the office. The ED physician at your hospital is very nervous about the possibility of an EMTALA violation.
1) Write an analysis (1,000-1,500 words) of the situation, how it is impacted by EMTALA, and what decision you will make as the administrator, along with your rationale and thought process.
2) Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
3) This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
- This solution has not purchased yet.
- Submitted On 09 Feb, 2018 08:28:36