Case Study 1 : Transforming The Organization
Volume: 5 pages
Field: Information Systems
Congratulations! The executives are taking your information system proposal seriously. In fact, they think it has the potential to transform the way the organization works.
The CIO asked you to read Connelly (2016) to think about what resources you’ll need to get your new information system up and running. Please also review the five case studies in (Basu 2015, p. 32-35) so you can recommend a change management pattern for your company to follow.
Write a memo to the CIO that describes how to implement your information system into the organization. Please focus on these topics:
1. How much of the implementation work can you handle? What additional resources (people, information, time, money, etc.) will expedite the process so you don’t end up like Susie Jeffer?
2. Outline a change management strategy: What new equipment and software are necessary? What training and support will the staff need? How will the staff complete their work during the transition period? Do you anticipate other areas of resistance?
3. The CIO is very skeptical, so provide evidence that your assessment is accurate and complete. It can be difficult to admit to personal limitations!
Your memo should be 5 pages long.
Basu, K. K. (2015). The Leader’s Role in Managing Change: Five Cases of Technology-Enabled Business Transformation. Global Business & Organizational Excellence, 34(3), 28-42. doi:10.1002/joe.21602.
Connelly, B., Dalton, T., Murphy, D., Rosales, D., Sudlow, D., & Havelka, D. (2016). Too Much of a Good Thing: User Leadership at TPAC. Information Systems Education Journal, 14(2), 34-42.
- This Solution has been Purchased 2 time
- Submitted On 01 Feb, 2018 11:00:13