Assignment 4: Disaster Recovery (DR) Team
Due Week 8
Consider a scenario where the contingency planning management team (CPMT) of your organization has designated you as the disaster recovery team leader, and the preparation and planning of this component of the security program is now under your purview with a team of 11 employees including yourself.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Detail the DR team roles, responsibilities, and sub teams that would be implemented, and construct an organizational chart for the team through the use of graphical tools in Visio, or an open source alternative such as Dia. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
- Describe the proper procedures and policies that would be implemented specific to the DR team personnel as well as special equipment that would be required.
- Draft an executive summary to the DR plan and explain the purpose of the plan and high-level specifics for upper management.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- Include charts or diagrams created in Visio or Dia. The completed diagrams / charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Develop a disaster recovery plan for an organization.
- Compare and contrast the methods of disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Develop techniques for different disaster scenarios.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in disaster recovery.
- Write clearly and concisely about disaster recovery topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
- This solution has not purchased yet.
- Submitted On 22 Jan, 2018 01:27:24