Assignment 1: Public Administration ‒ The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
Due Week 3 and worth 210 points
The purpose of the assignments is to introduce students to the field of public administration and nonprofit organizations by identifying and analyzing the challenges a public administrator faces in a dynamic organizational and politicial environment. Each assignment builds upon the previous assignment allowing the student to gradually develop an understanding of how public administration and its policies are addressed on all levels of government.
For this assignment, you will use the readings and e-Activities from Weeks 1 through 3.
In this first assignment, you will select a policy issue and evaluate its impact. Select one (1) issue of interest from the White House Issues Page, located at http://www.whitehouse.gov/issues.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Develop a brief overview (i.e., no more than one  paragraph) of the selected issue.
- Recommend one (1) type of public policy out of the four (4) mentioned within the text and develop a reasoning as to why this policy supports the issue that you have selected. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Suggest two (2) policy modifications that may positively impact and two (2) policy modifications that may negatively impact the outcomes for the issue that you have selected. Provide a rationale for your response. Note: In this question, you are recommending change to the public policy in Question #2 and how the changes will impact the selected issue.
- Suggest three (3) methods by which the Constitution—specifically the powers of Congress— addresses the role of government within business administration overall for your selected issue. Provide a rationale to support your response. Note: In this question, you are evaluating the relationship between government and business of the selected issue. Focus on the role(s) the government and businesses play in supporting and / or negating the selected issue.
- Include at least four (4) peer-reviewed references (no more than five  years old) from material outside the textbook. Note: Appropriate peer-reviewed references include scholarly articles and governmental Websites.. Wikipedia, other wikis, and any other Websites ending in anything other than “.gov” do not qualify as peer-reviewed.
- This solution has not purchased yet.
- Submitted On 17 Jan, 2018 04:32:45