Lab #11: Keylogging
BCIS 480 Laboratory
Assignment Name: Lab #11: Keylogging
1. Start a MS Word document for your screen captures. Name your file Lab11.doc.
2. Browse to http://www.refog.com/download.html (http://www.refog.com/download.html) .
3. Scroll down, find the free version of the keylogger and download it.
4. When it is downloaded, install it. Be sure to enter the correct administrative password and be sure to note the keystroke sequence shown during
5. If needed reboot and accept the defaults in the configuration windows.
6. Do a screen capture and insert it into Lab11.doc.
7. Start a task manager and look for any related processes.
8. Browse to my.nmsu.edu and put in random strings for username and password. Close the browser.
9. Enter Shift+Ctrl+Alt+k
10. In the Refog window, open the entry for you as a user.
11. Do a screen capture and insert it into Lab11.doc.
12. Examine each of the categories: Keystrokes, Program Activity, Websites Visited and Computer Activity.
13. Note that by default, you are in Table Mode. Click on Report Mode and examine the report carefully.
14. Do a screen capture and insert it into Lab11.doc.
15. Answer in your document: What information was shown in the report?
16. Click on Play Mode and watch the recording of activities.
17. Do a screen capture and insert it into Lab11.doc.
18. Return to the Table Mode and look for the tabs controlling date of activities.
19. Find the activities recorded as a result of entering your information into Lab11.doc. Note that the Screenshot activity capture is not available in
the free version.
20. Locate the Clear Log button and clear all of the logs.
21. Do a screen capture and insert it into Lab11.doc.
22. Exit REFOG.
23. In your document, address the following questions fully:
1. What are the implications of this type of software in the business space like an accounting firm?
2. What are the implications of this type of software in the business space like a cyber café which rents time on computers?
3. What are the implications of this type of software in the private space like a home?
4. Upload your document, Lab11.doc, into the appropriate Blackboard dropbox.
5. Enter Shift+Ctrl+Alt+k
6. Anything unusual?
24. Upload your document into this dropbox.
Total Points: 100.0
Criteria Ratings Pts
Demonstrated completion of
all of the steps in the exercise
Exemplary demonstrates completion and
good understanding of all steps in the
Meets expectations demonstrates
completion of all steps in the
Does not meet completes
some number of steps in the
Description of criterion
Exemplary submitted on
Expected submitted two days
Does not meet submitted with
- This solution has not purchased yet.
- Submitted On 15 Jan, 2018 02:54:05