Assignment 2: Constitutional Rights
The constitutional rights guaranteed in the Bill of Rights are most highly protected during the trial stage of a criminal proceeding. This is when the adversarial process, which characterizes the U.S. criminal justice process, is at its peak. Analyze and evaluate the steps which would bring an individual to trial beginning with the arrest phase of the process.
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
1. Identify and discuss the four (4) elements of arrest.
2. Identify and discuss the four (4) requirements for search and seizure with a warrant.
3. Explain the various aspects of the plain view doctrine.
4. Compare and contrast the various means of identifying suspects.
5. Summarize the basic constitutional rights of the accused during trial.
Use at least four (4) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions. Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length. The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Critically debate the Constitutional safeguards of key Amendments with specific attention to the 4th, 5th, 6th, and 14th Amendments. Explain and debate fundamental Supreme Court cases associated with criminal procedure. Define and describe Constitutional laws and the court procedure. Explain and debate fundamental Supreme Court cases associated with criminal procedure.
- This solution has not purchased yet.
- Submitted On 19 Nov, 2017 01:21:46