Final Project 1: Conceptual Analysis of a Specific Theoretical Construct
This course has explored various theoretical constructs and their application with various clients. When providing services to clients, a professional social worker uses theory as a guide. Consider the theories presented in this course. Choose one from the following list that resonates most closely for you: systems, conflict, empowerment, feminist, psychodynamic, development, cognitive-behavioral, or transpersonal. Use the following conceptual framework to prepare a 12–15 page paper to analyze of your chosen theory.
- Philosophical/historical roots
- Theoretical framework (use work from seminal experts in the development of the theory chosen)
- Nature of support for and against theory (empirical, practice wisdom)
- How do theoretical concepts translate into or guide specific practice goals and practice skills?
- What social work values are embraced?
- When/with whom would it make the most sense to use this method in practice?
- Target populations
- Those for whom this model is contraindicated
- Description of treatment process
- Initial phase (e.g., purpose, areas of study and investigation, use of relationship, client/worker interaction, nature and content of client participation, nature of worker authority and expertise)
- Assessment (e.g., purpose, limits and range, process of assessment phase, client/worker interaction, nature and content of client’s participation, emphasis on strengths vs. weaknesses, nature of worker authority and expertise, relationship of assessment to theoretical bases, underpinnings, expected outcomes of assessment phase)
- Treatment (e.g., goals [implicit and explicit], focus of work, strategies and techniques used [empirical support, practice wisdom])
- Termination (e.g., how decided, how carried out)
- How does this theory inform research methods and topics?
Support your Assignment with specific references to this week's resources. Be sure to provide full APA citations for your references.
References (use 6 or more)
National Association of Social Workers. (2008). Code of ethics of the National Association of Social Workers. Retrieved from http://www.naswdc.org/pubs/code/code.asp
Cameron, M., & Keenan, E. K. (2010). The common factors model: Implications for transtheoretical clinical social work practice. Social Work, 55(1), 63–73.
Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
Robbins, S. P., Chatterjee, P., & Canda, E. R. (2012). Contemporary human behavior theory: A critical perspective for social work (3rd ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Allyn & Bacon.
Final Project 2: Questions and Controversies in Clinical Psychopharmacology
For this Final Paper, consider controversies you encountered throughout this course or that surround your personal or professional experience that you have a desire to address. Select a question or controversy that involves the intersection of psychopharmacological treatment and the mental health profession.
Possible topics for the Final Paper include:
- Something that is currently occurring in your community
- Something that is currently occurring in a given population
- A problem identified in the media
- A controversy discussed in scholarly journals
- A controversy about a specific diagnosis
Investigate online and in the Walden Library to select full-text, peer-reviewed articles to support your Final Paper. You may also consider interviewing an identified expert in the field.
For this Final Paper Assignment, review the Final Paper Guidelines and Final Paper Rubric found in the Course Information section of the course.
Your Final Paper should incorporate any feedback you received from your Instructor. The Final Paper should be a minimum of 12–13 pages in length, not including the title page, abstract, or references. The Final Paper should include at least 10 references.
The Final Paper should include:
- An analysis of the question or controversy you selected including central arguments for various sides of the controversy
- An explanation of how the question or controversy relates to clinical applications as a helping professional
- An explanation of how you might reconcile the question or controversy in your current or future professional role
- Bibliography of resources
References (use 10 or more)
- This solution has not purchased yet.
- Submitted On 08 Nov, 2017 11:41:12