Because Mei-ling has had such a successful first few months, she is considering other opportunities to develop her business. One opportunity is the sale of fine European mixers. The owner of Generous Supply Co. has approached Mei-ling to become the exclusive distributor of these fine mixers in her state. The current cost of a mixer is approximately RM575, and Mei-ling would sell each one for RM1,150. Mei-ling comes to you for advice on how to account for these mixers.
Mei-ling asks you the following questions.
1. “Would you consider these mixers to be inventory or should they be classified as supplies or equipment?” Why?
2. “I’ve learned a little about keeping track of inventory using both the perpetual and the periodic systems of accounting for inventory. Which system do you think is better? Which one would you recommend for the type of inventory that I want to sell?”
3. “How often do I need to count inventory if I maintain it using the perpetual system? Do I need to count inventory at all?”
- This solution has not purchased yet.
- Submitted On 18 Sep, 2017 11:41:39