You have been hired as a consultant to design a network and security policy for SunGrafix, a video and PC game design company. SunGrafix's newest game has become a hot seller, and the company anticipates rapid growth. It's moving into a new facility and will be installing a new network. Because competition is fierce in the game industry, SunGrafix wants the network fully secured, documented, and maintained while providing high availability, scalability, and performance.
Based on your current network technology and information security knowledge, for this project you design a network to meet the specified requirements and create a network diagram detailing your design. After you have created the diagram, you create a hardware and software inventory for the network. In addition to designing the network, you must also provide full documentation. The network should meet the following requirements:
A. Primary location in Tampa, FL
B. Secondary location/hot site in Kissimmee, FL
C. Capable of supporting 120 users in these departments: Accounting and Payroll, 8; Research and Development, 24; Sales and Marketing, 20; Order Processing, Ship-ping, and Receiving, 28; secretarial and office management staff, 8; upper manage¬ment (including the president, vice president, and general manager), 10; Customer Relations and Support, 12; Technology Support, 10.
D. Full OC3 Internet connection
1. Design a network that meets the preceding requirements.
3. Create a hardware and software inventory. There are blank forms you can use on Blackboard under Week 1 Activities Section, or you can create or find your own. Your inventory should include at least the following:
A. Operating systems
B. Server operating systems
C. Office applications
E. Computers, servers, and peripherals
F. Network connectivity equipment, such as hubs, switches, or routers
G. Specialized imaging or multimedia devices or software
H. Developer tools (you can make up tool names, if necessary)
I. Other applications you think are necessary
4. After you have finished the diagram and inventory, submit them to the instructor. Strive for a professional look in your work, and do not forget to proofread your work carefully before submitting it.
In this week we will be mainly dealing with design a network and create software and hardware inventory
- This solution has not purchased yet.
- Submitted On 18 Sep, 2017 03:50:34