Fall prevention is a national patient safety goal of The Joint Commission and is considered a standard of practice in most institutions.
The obstetric population is considered a healthy group of patients. Should a fall prevention program be implemented on an OB unit for every laboring and postpartum patient?
· Describe two factors that place the obstetric patient at risk for falls? Explain why the identified factors increase the obstetric patients risk for injury?
· Describe how the implementation of a fall prevention program on the OB unit would help to improve patient outcomes.
· Describe the role of the RN in the implementation of a fall prevention program on an obstetric unit?
- This solution has not purchased yet.
- Submitted On 24 Aug, 2017 03:41:11