Case Study Summary
This week, you are assuming the role of a human resources consultant, hired by Patagonia to analyze their employees' levels of motivation.
Read the Case Application 1: Passion for the Outdoors and for People (end of Chapter 17).
After reading the case details, prepare your report for Patagonia managers by answering the following questions:
1. According to Maslow's hierarchy, which basic needs does the Patagonia culture meet? What would it be like to work at Patagonia? (Hint: Go to Patagonia’s website and find the section on jobs.) What’s your assessment of the company’s work environment? (20 points)
2. Use the expectancy theory or the equity theory of motivation to explain how feeling underpaid might affect the work of a Patagonia associate and what a manager can do to increase the employee's motivation. (20 points)
3. What do you think might be Patagonia’s biggest challenge in keeping employees motivated? If you were managing a team of Patagonia employees in the retail stores, how would you keep them motivated? (20 points)
Grading Rubric for Week 6 Case Study: Patagonia Case Study (page 531)
This case is worth 80 points. Please name your paper, "LastNameFirstName".
Please list each question as it is stated, then respond. Quality of the answers to questions 1–3 will be based on the requirement that you research your responses and cite two (2) sources in APA format for each question. You can use your text as one (1) source, and include the use of another (1) unique source to further support your response.
Correctly produced APA parenthetical citations and References list
Organization, spelling, and grammar
This case is worth 80 points. Please name your paper "LastNameFirstName".
- This solution has not purchased yet.
- Submitted On 22 Aug, 2017 03:01:38