Understanding the intricacies and challenges of emergency planning is not possible without actually undertaking the preparation of an emergency plan. During this assignment, students will develop a comprehensive plan for a town or city of their choice using the FEMA Comprehensive Preparedness Guide (CPG) 101 (https://www.fema.gov/pdf/about/divisions/npd/CPG_101_V2.pdf) Develop your plan using:
· Real attributes, such as critical infrastructure within the town or city when developing the plan.
· Various special needs populations (i.e., hospitals, schools, retirement facilities, populations requiring special handling.)
· Natural hazards (i.e., hurricane, tornado, flooding, or wild fire) when developing the plan.
The plan for your jurisdiction will contain a basic plan and a minimum of five annexes to include:
· Functional annexes
· Supporting annexes
· Hazard/threat/incident specific annexes
You must use at least eight sources in addition to the course textbook when developing your research and analysis. Some of these are:
· Continuity of Government & Continuity of Operations. (2003).Emergency planning guidance for a consolidated approach [PDF file]. http://vizedhtmlcontent.next.ecollege.com/pub/content/e265b875-253d-4986-8ab2-1eaec86823c8/HSM315.Emergency_Planning_Guidance.pdf
· U. S. Department of Homeland Security. (n.d.). State and local government continuity of operations planning: Training, tests, and exercises [PDF file]. http://vizedhtmlcontent.next.ecollege.com/pub/content/f18dc1d1-30ea-485d-8847-a225242803ab/HSM315.State_and_Local_Government_Continuity_of_Operations_Planning.pdf
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
· Must be 10 to 12 double-spaced pages in length (excluding title and reference pages), and formatted according to the FEMA Comprehensive Preparedness Guide (CPG) 101.
· Must include a title page, in APA format, with the following:
o Title of paper
o Student’s name
o Course name and number
o Instructor’s name
o Date submitted
· Must begin with a basic plan that lays out the authorities and responsibilities for the plan. It must include each element as identified in Chapter 3 of the Comprehensive Preparedness Guide (CPG) 101.
· Must contain a minimum of five annexes as described in Chapter 3 of the Comprehensive Preparedness Guide (CPG) 101. Plans must include a minimum of one functional annex, (i.e. transportation, communications, emergency operations center), one supporting annex (i.e., continuity of operations, warning, or protection in place, mutual aid), and one hazard, threat, or incident – specific annex (i.e., tornado, hurricane, or fire). Other annexes may include procedures for protection in place or evacuation.
· Must use at least eight scholarly sources, including a minimum of three from the Ashford University Library. Incorporation of information from official government websites would also be appropriate.
· Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center and must be cited throughout your plan with in text citations.
Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
- This solution has not purchased yet.
- Submitted On 21 Aug, 2017 12:05:20