Emerging Technology: SWOT Analysis
When a new mobile or pervasive technology is being developed, how can developers know if the technology is ready to be deployed? The Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats (SWOT) analysis is one way to evaluate an emerging technology in a competitive business environment. For example, the Apple iPhone application called Bump allows users to exchange information simply by tapping their phones together. Bump can not only exchange contact information, but it can also transfer money. A quick SWOT analysis could identify the following: the application's strength is its efficiency and convenience; one of its weaknesses is that there is not a clear definition of a mobile transaction; an opportunity for the application is its adoption in retail stores; and threats include unauthorized access to information or funds.
In this Application, identify an emerging mobile or pervasive technology that has not yet been addressed in this course or this week's Discussion. Conduct a SWOT anaylsis of the technology and determine whether the technology can be successfully deployed.
In a 3- to 4-page written report, perform the following:
· Identify and summarize an emerging mobile or pervasive technology.
· Identify specific businesses, organizations, or individuals who may use the technology. Explain how they would use it.
· Create a SWOT analysis for the technology.
· Based on the SWOT analysis, is the technology ready for deployment? If it is ready, what particular strengths and opportunities make it ready? If it is not yet ready, what weaknesses and threats stand in the way? Suggest solutions for exploiting the strengths and opportunities and overcoming the weaknesses and threats.
Write a report that is well-organized and contains grammatically correct, complete sentences that are free of spelling errors. Your report should conform to APA style.
- This solution has not purchased yet.
- Submitted On 20 Aug, 2017 03:44:09