Assignment 2: The Application Paper
w r i t e a 750-word paper using APA standards that includes discussion of the following:
- Describe an example of a television program that you believe clearly displays social deviance, and explain why you specifically selected it.
- In this television program, how are people "labeled" as socially deviating from the expected social norms, and who does this labeling?
- Analyze the deviance, using terms such as primary deviance, secondary deviance, retrospective labeling, and stigma.
- Apply Durkheim's four functions of deviance to the deviant actions in the television program. What purpose(s) does the deviance play?
Please post your completed paper to the M4: Assignment 2 Dropbox.
Assignment 2 Grading CriteriaMaximum Points
Described a television show that displays social deviance.16
Identified the people labeled as socially deviant and who labeled them as such.24
Analyzed the deviance using the appropriate terminology. Applied Durkheim's four functions of deviance.24
Related essay writings to the concepts and theories discussed in the textbook and outside resources.24
Used correct spelling and grammar and appropriate APA format.12
- This solution has not purchased yet.
- Submitted On 14 Jul, 2017 03:31:26