Unit 5 Lab Assignment: Closeout and Termination
The Final Project Report is the administrative record of the completed project that identifies all its functional and technical components, as well as other important project history.
It includes all the strengths and weaknesses of the project as it progressed and offers a final assessment of what went right (or wrong) throughout the life of the project. It is essentially a "lessons learned" document of the project.
Your assignment is to:
Prepare a final Project Report of your project. Use MS Word for this report.
Your report should include these elements:
- Project Performance
This should include a candid assessment of the project's achievements relative to its plan. Did the project achieve the goals you set out to accomplish? It should also include candid criticism as to the project performance. What caused this poor performance? What recommendations do you have to ensure it doesn't happen in future projects?
- Administrative Performance
What are the standard administrative practices that occur within an organization that were beneficial to the project? What were some drawbacks that could be improved on?
- Organizational Structure
How did the organization's operating structure help or hinder the project team? How could it have been changed to better align the structure with the activities?
- Team Performance
How effectively did the team perform this project? Were the proper people picked to perform the project? Were they properly trained? How did the project manager perform? Address team-building techniques and training activities that you think would ensure effective team performance of your project if it actually occurred.
- Techniques of Project Management
What organizational methods are effective for project management? These include software, scheduling, rules, procedures, etc.
- Benefits to the Organization and the Customer
To what degree did this project provide the benefits and accomplish the goals that it intended? Keep in mind that goals are not always immediate and can occur over time.
Your report must meet the following criteria:
- Write your report in essay form, using bullet points only where appropriate.
- If you use outside resources (and you should!), cite your sources using APA format. This includes information that you use from your textbook as well. Use the double citation reference system: The first is a parenthetical ( ) citation in the text of the report where the research material is used. The second citation is in the References page where full reference details are given.
- Use American Psychological Association (APA) style to format your report, regardless of whether you use additional resources or not. You do NOT need an Abstract. Here is a helpful link for information on APA style: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/ (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
- Use correct spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- You report should be no more than 4-5 pages in length including any reference page.
- The cover page for your final Project Report should include the title of your paper, the course, your name and date.
- This solution has not purchased yet.
- Submitted On 07 Jul, 2017 12:04:40
- This Solution has been Purchased 1 time
- Average Rating for this solution is A+
- Submitted On 07 Jul, 2017 05:03:03