The Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) will meet on June 13th and June 14th. The results of the meeting can be found in the Press Release from the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System which is normally on Wednesday at 1:00 pm Central Time. IN one page or less, address the following:
1. Summarize the action(s), if any, taken by the FOMC as per its Press Release.
2. Explain why the FOMC took this action.
3. Discuss the effect the FOMC's actions (or lack of actions) had on the following:
a. The stock market as measured by the Dow Jones Industrial Average, immediately after the press release (e.g. Dow up or down xx points)
b. Interest rates (use the 3-month and 10- year U.S. Treasury securities yields and explain if rates went up on down and by how many basis points).
- This solution has not purchased yet.
- Submitted On 20 Jun, 2017 03:56:53