The purpose of this assignment is to acquaint you with the wide range of topics within the subfield of linguistic anthropology. Your task is to find an article (online or in print), outside of your textbook, that relates to linguistic anthropology. You will want to wait until you have finished reading Chapter 14 before choosing an article. This chapter covers topics within linguistic anthropology (the origin of language, nonhuman primate communication, the structure of language, language and culture and sociolinguistics).
(Worth 25 pts.)
Your article summary should consist of:
· One paragraph providing a detailed summary of your article:
- appropriate article choice (5 pts.)
- a detailed summary of the article and citation information (10 pts.)
· One paragraph relating your article to linguistic anthropology:
- discuss which aspect of linguistic anthropology your article relates to
- discuss why you chose this particular article – what you found
interesting about it (5 pts.)
Make sure that you provide information about where you found the article (name and date of magazine, website address, etc.). You must provide citation (MLA or APA) information in order to earn credit for the assignment.
Finally - Save your document in Word (any version) and submit it to the appropriate Dropbox on D2L by the given deadline.
Criteria for grading:
Appropriate article choice
Detailed description of article
Relates to course material (specific aspect(s) of anthropology)
Reason for choosing given
- This solution has not purchased yet.
- Submitted On 17 Jun, 2017 07:18:58