- Application: Demonstrate Use of Time Value of Money (TVM) in a Personal or Workplace Setting Important Note: You will be embedding your Excel document inside your Word document prior to submitting your application assignments in this course. If you are not familiar with the process to do this, please check the Weekly Announcements for directions from your instructor or ask your instructor for additional guidance. Do not wait to learn how to do this important procedure. There is only one assignment link to submit your work so you must embed your Excel file(s) so your instructor can check your calculations.Time value analysis has many applications. For example, you use time value of money concepts in valuing stocks and bonds, establishing loan payment schedules, and deciding whether or not to invest in a new plant and/or equipment. As one of the more important topics in finance, time value of money underlies many other concepts covered in this course, so it is very important to not only understand the concept, but also to be able to compute time value of money problems that involve compounding and discounting skills. As you read through the examples in your readings, you might feel this is a very difficult topic. You may have difficulty relating to time value analysis because the context of the problems is presented in a textbook. Learning tends to be richer and long lasting when you can define your own problems and background contexts.For this Assignment:Think of four examples in your organization or from your personal life, or a combination of both, that demonstrate the following:
- Present Value (PV) of a lump sum
- Future Value (FV) of a lump sum
- Present Value (PV) of an annuity
- Future Value (FV) of an annuity
Your paper should be at least 2 pages, not including Excel output. Use appendices for showing your Excel output. Be sure to have a conclusions section that documents what you learned from this exercise. Finally, be sure to use citations and related reference materials as appropriate.
Submit your Assignment by Day 7.
General Guidance on Application Length:
Your Assignment, due by Day 7, will typically be 2 pages in length as a general expectation/estimate. Refer to the rubric for the Week 1 Assignment for grading elements and criteria
- This solution has not purchased yet.
- Submitted On 17 Jun, 2017 07:00:28