As a conclusion to the capstone course on leadership, students will write a paper on the differences that the 21st century leader faces from those faced by the 20th century leader.
The purpose of this paper is have the student demonstrate their knowledge of the differences between the 20th and 21st century business landscape and how a new leader has unique challenges to face to be successful in the future. Students need to focus on the five major challenges of the 21stcentury leader and how future leaders can meet each challenge.
- Write a paper on the following theme:
“The evolution of business landscapes in the last century through today has created a new role for the leader requiring the emergence of the people centric person who creates competitive edge within an organization by moving people.”
Step 1: Review the assignment instructions carefully.
Step 2: Create a Word or Rich Text Format (RTF) document that is double-spaced, 12-point font. The final product will be between 5-7 pages in length excluding the title page and the reference page.
Step 3: Review the grading rubric for the assignment
Step 4: Follow this format:
- Title page with title, your name, the course, the instructor’s name;
- Introduction paragraph
- Body, in paragraph form using headings;
- Summary paragraph.
Step 5: In writing a formal paper it should be done in the third person. What this means is that there are no words such as “I, me, my, we, or us” (first person writing), nor is there use of “you or your” (second person writing).
Step 6: In writing this assignment, students are asked to support the reasoning using in-text citations and a reference list. A reference within a reference list cannot exist without an associated in-text citation and vice versa.
Step 7: In writing this assignment, students are expected to paraphrase and not use direct quotes.
Step 8: In your paper, respond to the following elements of leadership:
- Compare and contrast the business landscapes of the 20thand 21stcentury focusing on organizational structure, environment, and ways to create value to capture a competitive edge;
- Explain how the differences in business landscapes changed the role of a leader within the organization and what that role is today and likely to be in the future (include the differences between leaders and managers);
- Discuss the nature and types of challenges facing the leader in the 21st century; and
- Explain why the leader must be people centric in order to create a completive edge.
Step 9: Create the introductory paragraph. The introductory paragraph is the first paragraph of the paper but is typically written after writing the body of the paper.
Step 10: Write a summary paragraph. A summary paragraph restates the main idea(s) of the paper. Make sure to leave a reader with a sense that the essay is complete. The summary paragraph is the last paragraph of a paper.
- This solution has not purchased yet.
- Submitted On 17 Jun, 2017 06:38:42