In the second assignment, students will complete a mini-management plan that demonstrates how an organization operates on a day-to-day basis as well as over the long run. This assignment helps students develop the skills necessary to assess a management situation and to write a report based on the findings
A management plan is a report that includes numerous sections that cover various aspects of the business.
Outcome Met by Completing This Assignment:
- integrate management theories and principles into management practices
- employ effective planning processes to develop strategies, goals, and objectives in order to enhance performance and sustainability
- organize human, physical, and financial resources for the effective and efficient attainment of organizational goals
- identify the essential characteristics of decision making and indicate the range and types of decisions a manager makes
In this assignment students will take the role of the Vice President of Operation creating a mini-management plan that focuses on those aspects of the business related to planning and organizing. As Vice President of Operations, Joseph Jackson, the leader of Cyber Software, Inc., has asked you to help him solve his organizational problems. This mini-management plan is a professionally written document that will be given to Joseph Jackson.
In writing the plan, you must use the terminology learned in the course. Since Joe Jackson is quite knowledgeable, you are not defining terms using a dictionary but you will explain and describe concepts and ideas so Joseph Jackson understands what you mean, why the ideas are important to the business and how to implement the proposed plan. The plan is not one in which the Vice President of Operations tells Joseph Jackson that he should do this or do that or he needs to or will do this or do that but one that is presented in an action-oriented manner. Students are expected to make connections between the facts of the case study and concepts, theories, and ideas presented in the course readings.
The mini-management plan will structure the entire company and will cover Joseph Jackson’s organization’s mission, vision, structure and culture.
Step 1: Review “How to Analyze a Case Study” under Week 3 Content.
Step 2: Create a Word or Rich Text Format (RTF) document. This mini-management plan should be presented in a professional manner using single space, double-spaced between paragraphs. The final product will be between 5-7 pages in length excluding the title page, diagrams and reference page.
Step 3: Title page with your name, the course name, the date, and the instructor’s name.
Step 4: Since students are probably not familiar with writing a management plan, the following resources have been provided to assist in writing the plan.
- How to Write a Management Plan
- Management Plan Example
Step 5: In writing a case study, the writing is in the third person. What this means is that there are no words such as “I, me, my, we, or us” (first person writing), nor is there use of “you or your” (second person writing). If uncertain how to write in the third person, view this link: http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/first-second-and-third-person
Step 6: In writing this assignment, students are expected to support the reasoning using in-text citations and a reference list. If any material is used from a source, it must be cited and referenced. A reference within a reference list cannot exist without an associated in-text citation and vice versa. View the sample APA paper under Week 1 content.
Step 7: In writing this assignment, students are expected to paraphrase and not use direct quotes. Learn to paraphrase by reviewing this link: https://writing.wisc.edu/Handbook/QPA_paraphrase2.html
Step 8: In writing this assignment, students may use external resources but the majority of resources will come from the course.
Step 9: Review the grading rubric for the assignment.
Step 10: Read critically and analyze the case study provided under Week 5 content. Notate the key points in the case study.
Step 11: Create the introductory paragraph.
The introductory paragraph is the first paragraph of the paper but is typically written after writing the body of the paper (Questions students responded to above). View this website to learn how to write an introductory paragraph: http://www.writing.ucsb.edu/faculty/donelan/intro.html
Step 12: Respond to the required elements of the assignment. Be clear and concise in the writing and make sure the questions are comprehensively answered.
- Provide a brief management history of Cyber Software, Inc.;
- Help Joe Jackson by proposing a new mission statement and vision statement that align with what Joseph Jackson now envisions for his company;
- Explain why the new mission statement and vision statement are appropriate for Cyber Software, Inc.;
- Discuss other aspects of the planning phase that impacts Cyber Software, Inc.;
- Create an organizational structure that aligns with the vision of Joseph Jackson
- Structure the entire company;
- Explain why the structure is the most appropriate structure for Cyber Software, Inc.;
- Discuss why other structures are not appropriate;
- Illustrate and discuss the new structure with an organizational chart with names, job titles, and direct reports. Be creative but make sure the jobs fit into the allotted budget;
- Create an organizational culture that aligns with the vision of Joseph Jackson and his new organization structure;
- Explain how the new organizational structure and culture affect the planning and organizing facet of Joe’s business and prevent future mishaps;
- Use at least four references from the course material and at least three outside resources.
Step 13: Using the grading rubric as a comparison, read through the paper to ensure all required elements are presented.
Step 14: Proofread the paper for spelling and grammatical issues, and third person writing.
- Use the spell and grammar check in Word as a first measure;
- Have someone who has excellent English skills to proof the paper;
- Consider submitting the paper to the Effective Writing Center (EWC). The EWC will provide 4-6 areas that may need improvement.
Step 15: Submit the paper in the Assignment Folder.
- This solution has not purchased yet.
- Submitted On 17 Jun, 2017 06:22:31