1. Which of these managers are responsible for the manufacturing and marketing departments that make or sell the product or service?
2. Using influence to motivate employees describes which of these functions?
3. Which of the following is not a decisional role?
4. Which of the following refers to managing the sequence of suppliers and purchasers, covering all stages of processing from obtaining raw materials to distributing finished goods to consumers?
Supply chain management
Customer relationship management
5. The ____ refers to a chain of authority extending from top to the bottom of the organization and including every employee.
Unity of command
Division of labor
Unity of direction
6. According to Douglas McGregor, the classical perspective on management is consistent with which of the following?
Theory X manager
Theory Y manager
Theory Z manager
Theory A manager
7. _ is a narrative based on true event that is repeated frequently and shared by organizational employees.
8. is an approach to boundary spanning which results from using sophisticated software to search through large amounts of internal and external data to spot patterns, trends, and relationships that might be significant.
9. The environments in which businesses operate are increasingly ____, requiring managers to be ready to react and respond to even subtle environmental shifts.
10. Language, values, religion, and education all describe which dimension in the international environment?
11. The European Union has expanded to a ____-nation alliance
12. The management of business operations conducted in more than one country is called
13. _ is economic development that generates wealth and meets the needs of their current generation while focusing on future generations.
14. Examples of unethical behavior toward ________ include a hostile work environment and violations of health and safety rules.
15. Which of the following stages is the stage of personal moral development in which an individual develops an internal set of standards and values?
16. Which of the following is an unincorporated business owned by two or more?
A trade alliance
17. _ refers to the belief by individuals that their future is within their control and that external forces will have little influence.
Awareness of passing time
Tolerance for ambiguity
Internal locus of control
External locus of control
Deferred locus of control
18. A group of companies or individuals that invests money in new or expanding businesses for ownership and potential profits is known as
an equity financing firm.
a venture capital firm.
a trade alliance.
19. __ is primarily responsible for operational goals/plans.
Board of directors
20. Which of these is a method of management whereby managers and employees define goals for every department, project, and person and use them to monitor subsequent performance?
Management by objectives
21. A blueprint specifying the resource allocations schedules, and other actions necessary for attaining goals is referred to as a(n)
22. With a(n) ____ strategy, the organization concentrates on a specific regional market or buyer group.
23. Which of the following strategies involve an attempt to distinguish the firm's products or services from others in the industry?
24. The condition that exists when the organization's parts interact to produce a joint effect that is greater than the sum of the parts acting alone is known as
25. The ____ function recruits selects, trains, transfers, promotes, and lays off employees to achieve strategic goals.
Information and control systems
- This solution has not purchased yet.
- Submitted On 07 May, 2015 08:58:55