Unit 1 Assignment Questions: Installing Linux CentOS 7
Directions: Answer each item below using complete sentences. You may need to research some of the topics below to find out more. Cite any sources you use in APA format.
1. In Step1 and Step 2 of the step-by-step tutorial, you must download an ISO file of the distribution of CentOS Linux to use for your installation. What are ISOs and why are they used for Linux distributions?
2. In Step 3 of the step-by-step tutorial, you must make some choices about language from a listing of supported languages. The GUI installation program is called the Anaconda installer. Describe what the Anaconda installer does in Linux. Use a search engine like Google or Bingo to research this information.
3. In Step 5 of the step-by-step tutorial, you have the Installation Summary with what is called the “Spokes,” like on a wheel. Describe the different spokes and list the choices/options you have for each one.
4. Any spoke that has an orange warning icon must be customized before continuing the installation by clicking on it. Explain what each option is for Installation Source, Software Selection, Installation Destination, and Network & Hostname.
5. On the Installation Destination spoke, a disk must be chosen by clicking on it with your mouse, and at the bottom the screen there are 2 choices for Partitioning: Automatic Partitioning and Manual Partitioning. Describe the difference between these 2 partitioning schemes.
6. In Step 6 of the step-by-step tutorial, the Network Configuration must be configured. You must choose either to have a static IP address or a dynamic address assigned automatically. Describe the different processes for both options.
- This solution has not purchased yet.
- Submitted On 05 Feb, 2017 11:41:42