Week 5 Written Assignment
Following completion of your readings, answer the following two questions from “Chapter 12 Supplement” of Mathematics in Our World.
- Select one even problem from exercises 1 through 10 on page 686.
- Select one even problem from exercises 11 through 22 on pages 687-688.
As you answer the questions above, identify what types of misrepresentation or misuse have been demonstrated by referring to the bold blue headings in the “Chapter 12 Supplement” (e.g., Suspect Samples, Asking Biased Questions, Misleading Graphs, etc.).
The assignment must include (a) all math work required to answer the problems as well as (b) introduction and conclusion paragraphs.
- Your introduction should include three to five sentences of general information about the topic at hand.
- The body must contain a restatement of the problems and all math work, including the steps and formulas used to solve the problems.
- Your conclusion must comprise a summary of the problems and the reason you selected a particular method to solve them. It would also be appropriate to include a statement as to what you learned and how you will apply the knowledge gained in this exercise to real-world situations.
- This solution has not purchased yet.
- Submitted On 24 Dec, 2014 06:42:52