ITSE 1450 - Systems Analysis and Design: Project Management
Lab 7 – Project Cost Management
Tony Prince and his team working on the Recreation and Wellness Intranet Project have been asked to refine the existing cost estimate for the project so they can evaluate supplier bids and have a solid cost baseline for evaluating project performance. Recall that your schedule and cost goals are to complete the project in six months for under $200,000.
1. Prepare and save a one-page cost model for the project, similar to the one provided in Figure 7-2. Use the following WBS, and be sure to document assumptions you make in preparing the cost model. Assume a labor rate of $100/hour for the project manager and $60/hour for other project team members. Assume that none of the work is outsourced, labor costs for users are not included, and there are no additional hardware costs. The total estimate should be $200,000.
1. Project management
2. Requirements definition
3. Web site design
3.1 Registration for recreational programs
3.2 Registration for classes and programs
3.3 Tracking system
3.4 Incentive system
4. Web site development
4.1 Registration for recreational programs
4.2 Registration for classes and programs
4.3 Tracking system
4.4 Incentive system
6. Training, roll out, and support
2. Assume you have completed three months of the project. The BAC was $200,000 for this six-month project. Also assume the following:
PV = $ 120,000
EV = $ 100,000
1 Kathy Schwalbe, “Information Technology Project Management,” Revised 6e and 7e, End of Chapter 7
AC = $ 90,000
a. How is the project doing? Is it ahead of schedule or behind schedule? Is it under budget or over budget?
b. Use the CPI to calculate the estimate at completion (EAC) for this project. Is the project performing better or worse than planned?
c. Use the schedule performance index (SPI) to estimate how long it will take to finish this project.
All labs will be graded in Blackboard. Once you have completed the tasks related to this lab, submit solution files on the Lab 7 link (Assignments/Labs/Lab7):
1. One-page cost model, include assumptions
2. Answers to questions a,b, and c under Task 3 above
If you have any questions about how to submit assignments in Blackboard, please read the “Submit Instructions” section in the “Course Orientation” module or contact the instructor / academic coach.
- This solution has not purchased yet.
- Submitted On 03 Nov, 2015 05:52:45