If you are using the Blackboard Mobile Learn IOS App, please click "View in Browser."
Click the link above to submit your assignment.
Students, please view the "Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment" in the Student Center.
Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Project Deliverable 4: Analytics, Interfaces, and Cloud Technology
Due Week 7 and worth 110 points
This assignment consists of two (2) sections: a design document and a revised Gantt chart or project plan. You must submit both sections as separate files for the completion of this assignment. Label each file name according to the section of the assignment it is written for. Additionally, you may create and / or assume all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
Large companies have been using the power of business analytics for quite a while now. Your company desires to get in on the action; company executives believe that using advanced data analysis will enable the company to make smarter decisions and improve business performance. Business analytics gives companies the ability to look at past realizations and performance as well as set up new expectations and performance goals. Analytics-as-a-Service is a new delivery model that uses cloud technology to provide business insights without enormous infrastructure enhancements. The executive team has heard great things about analytics and cloud technology but is apprehensive because they are unfamiliar with the look and feel of the technology. The executive team is interested in your recommendations and eagerly awaiting your forward-thinking viewpoint.
Section 1: Design Document
- Write a four to six (4-6) page design document in which you:
- Support the need for the use of analytics and cloud technology within this company.
- Create a workflow diagram to illustrate how analytics and cloud technology could align with the company’s business processes. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length but must be included in the design document appendix.
- Create three to five (3-5) screen layouts that illustrate the interface that organizational users will utilize. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length but must be included in the design document appendix.
- Give one (1) recommendation for solution providers that could help your company secure a firm advantage by using analytics and cloud technology.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- Include charts or diagrams created in MS Visio or Dia as an appendix of the design document. All references to these diagrams must be included in the body of the design document.
Section 2: Revised Project Plan
Use Microsoft Project to:
- Update the project plan fromProject Deliverable 3: Database and Data Warehousing Design, with three to five (3-5) new project tasks each consisting of five to ten (5-10) sub-tasks.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Demonstrate an understanding of existing and emerging information technologies, the functions of IS, and its impact on the organizational operations.
- Evaluate an organization through the lens of non-IT senior management in deciding how information systems enable core and supportive business processes as well as those that interface with suppliers and customers.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in information systems.
- Write clearly and concisely about strategic issues and practices in the information systems domain using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.