I will upload Assignment #4, Part A, Part B, and Part C once I select tutor. I would like to receive the SPSS output. Thanks
Instructions: You will submit one Word document. In the first part your assignment document, provide short answers to the following questions (250 words or less).
Part A. Questions about non-parametric procedures
- What are the most common reasons you would select a non-parametric test over the parametric alternative?
- Discuss the issue of statistical power in non-parametric tests (as compared to their parametric counterparts). Which type tends to be more powerful? Why?
- For each of the following parametric tests, identify the appropriate non-parametric counterpart:
- Dependent t test
- Independent samples t test
- Repeated measures ANOVA (one-variable)
- One-way ANOVA (independent)
- Pearson Correlation
Part B. SPSS Assignment
In this part of the assignment you will perform the non-parametric version of the tests you used in Week 4. In each case, assume that you opted to use the non-parametric equivalent rather than the parametric test. Using the relevant data files from Assignment #4, complete the following tests and paste your results into a Word document:
- The non-parametric version of the dependent t test (use the SPSS dataset from Assignment #4, Part A);
- The non-parametric version of the independent t test (use the SPSS dataset created in Assignment #4, Part B); and,
- The non-parametric version of the single factor ANOVA (use the SPSS dataset in Assignment #4, Part C).