Case: Johnson Controls
Read the case Johnson Controls(Pg.204-205) and the section 9.3 (Pg.192-195) Reproductive Hazards and answer the following questions. (10 points each)
1. Why is the bona fide occupational qualification (BFOQ) exception a necessary provision of existing anti-discrimination law?
2. What are the key factors that led to the Supreme Court’s decision?
3. Do workers have the right to accept jobs that may endanger their unborn children? Justify your answer.
Case: The Collapsing Crib
Read this case and the two articles in D2l and answer the following questions. (10 points each)
4. What problems occurred with the recall? Was Kolcraft negligent? Was Hasbro negligent?
5. Should products for children meet higher standards than products for adults? Why?
Case: Walmart in Mexico (pg.351-353)
Read this case and answer the following question: Was Walmart led astray by the business culture in Mexico or did the company take advantage of it? (50 points)
Use the headings Decision/Facts/Ethical Reasoning/ Opposing Point of View/ CST (From the 6 Principles in VBL).