Special Instructions For Completing Problem Set 1 Partb
1) Use the HPIIB Plus Financial Calculator to complete the problem. This calculator mirrors the timeline and is the best test of whether you understand TVOM concepts. There are apps and online financial calculators that give answers but they have their own built in assumptions. Part of the TVOM problems involvesthe following:
1) establishing the calculator settings (the assumptions)
2) entering the correct inputs to match the settings
3) and getting the correct answer.
2) All of the TVOM problems presented for Module 2 (and following Modules) should include 3 parts.
Part 1: Calculator settings:
END or BEG chosen
Part 2)Inputs (depends on problem type)
For standard TVOM…
N= I/YR = PV = PMT= FV= For uneven CF…
CF0= CF1= … I/YR= NPV=
For Effective Rates…
P_YR= %NOM = P_YR= %EFF =
Part 3) Final Answer
3) A zero will be given for any formula answers or replication of available answer keys