Mr. Drunk was interested to know if there is a relationship between the alcohol content and the number of calories in 12-ounce beer (whether if alcohol determines the amount of calories in a beer). To determine if there is one, a random sample was taken of beer’s alcohol content and calories (calories and alcohol content data file).
- By using scatter plot, show if there is a relationship between alcohol content and the calories for the above beer brands. Discuss your outcomes
(Note: you should determine your x-axis and y-axis variable respectively. Y axis represent, dependent variable while x axis represents independent variable)
- Formulate regression equation to show linear relationship between the two variables.
(Remember your regression equation should take the form Y = fn (X). Thus, Y = a + bX + e)
- Use excel to run regression analysis
(Use Excel’s ToolPak, Regression Analysis)
- Interpret the regression outcomes to validate your regression equation, i.e.,
- Multiple R (Correlation of the regression equation),
- R squared, as well as
- Adjusted R squared.
- Rewrite your regression model to include coefficients from your regression analysis output and then answer the following question
- What is the number of calories when the alcohol content is 6.50%