Develop a Marketing Plan for a Local Business
1. Pick a local business or your own if current and gather your research to develop a Marketing Plan. Use the outline from chapter 2, exhibit 2.5. Try to interview the owner or a manager if you can. Try to solve a problem or answer a marketing question for the business. Use observation or questionnaire to make suggestions as to how the business should develop a Marketing Plan. Write the Marketing Plan for the business. You can pick any type of business, product or service.
2. Write a Marketing Plan for the business.
3. Refer to Chapter Two, "Strategic Planning for Competitive Advantage". Exhibit 2.5, Elements of a Marketing Plan.
4. Develop your plan as you read the chapters and doing each step in your plan after reading it and completing your plan at Lesson15. Your plan should address each of these elements including writing a Mission Statement for the business. Conducting a SWOT analysis. You need three Objectives for the business. Develop a Target Market based on your research and develop all elements of the Marketing Mix addressing all four P's. Use any other industry research you can find to help you develop and support your plans findings. End your plan adding your Implementation steps, the Evaluations you will use, and the Controls for the business.
5. Your paper should be a minimum of 3 pages and no more than 10.