HIUS 221 National Park Essay
- From History, General History
- Due on 11 Mar, 2019 06:54:00
- Asked On 11 Mar, 2019 10:18:59
- Due date has already passed, but you can still post solutions.
I have to turn in a report on a National Park or Museum in my area and I chose Serpent Mound Park in Peebles Ohio. See the directions below
Museum or National Park Assignment Instructions
Statement of Purpose or “Why Am I Doing This?”
There are many benefits to visiting historical museums or sites via walking tours. By actually witnessing a historical site, greater understanding of the events of past can be achieved. The visual learning dynamic as well as the tour guide learning scenario can all the more make “history come alive” and provide the student with a hands-on learning experience.
Completing This Assignment:
- The student will visit one of three options related to U.S. historical events between the 1500s-1865: 1. A local museum. 2. A National Park. 3. A befitting video website walking video tour or suitable YouTube link of a Museum or National Park related to U.S. historical events between the 1500s-1865. Regardless of whether the student chooses to physically visit a location or view a site via a weblink route, it is required that they submit a request proposal (via the Mod. 4 DB assignment) to the course instructor seeking formal approval before taking the next steps in completing the Mod. 7 writing assignment.
- Following the site visit, using the available assignment template, the student will then type a double space 12 font reflection (700-800 words) answering the following questions… How is this historical site relevant to events within the 1500s-1865 and the area now known as the United States? What historical information did you learn from this visit? What historical event or events were covered via this site? What (i.e.) artifacts and/or other displayed items were interesting to you and why? In other words, what stood out about this place and why? How did the site help you appreciate history?
- The title page and reference page do not count towards the total page count.
- When you are finished, your assignment must be:
- In a Microsoft Word (or compatible) document
- Formatted, including:
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- 1-inch margins
- Page numbers placed at the bottom center of each page of text (not including the title page)
- Proofread carefully to ensure it is written in scholarly language with no grammar, spelling, or punctuation errors and conforms to the standards of mechanics and style expected at the university level
- You must use the template for the assignment provided in Assignment site.
Submit this assignment by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Monday of Module/Week 7.
No solution has been posted yet.Be first to post the solution!
Other Related Questions
No related question exists